Author Topic: Why men should not fear balding...  (Read 147317 times)

Offline Flying Carpet

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Why men should not fear balding...
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »
 :px
Greetings Gentlemen:
I am not a bald male, actually the opposite--a woman who has appreciated bald men since I 1st saw Telly Savalas help save the day in "Kelly's Heroes."  I hope I am not speaking out of turn or in the wrong spot on the forum to give my opinion.  There have been traditionally 3 methods we've all known about--rugs, plugs & drugs.  John Travolta (my condolences) looks like he fr time to time needs to "resod" the turf, and as for rugs, pls: has anyone ever seen a real looking one?  They're like silicone boobs are for women: fake, fake & more fake.  My point is, isn't it better to keep it real instead of trying to hide it & look more ridiculous w/storebought hair?

Look at is as a rite of passage.  I realize that's easy for me to say, but as a woman I have to deal w/my own "rites of passage."  None of us have it perfect in this life right?

My now smooth & shiny friend has several gashes or scars on his head.  He was always wearing a hat & 1 day I dared to remove it & said, "u know what Bill, embrace your uniqueness:  rock your ugly." 

He now wears a hat that says "rock your ugly".  I'm serious.

Well, thank u for listening & I look forward to reading this amazing forum.  Long may u run & shine on u beautiful diamonds!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2009, 05:34:19 PM »
:px
Greetings Gentlemen:
I am not a bald male, actually the opposite--a woman who has appreciated bald men since I 1st saw Telly Savalas help save the day in "Kelly's Heroes."  I hope I am not speaking out of turn or in the wrong spot on the forum to give my opinion.  There have been traditionally 3 methods we've all known about--rugs, plugs & drugs.  John Travolta (my condolences) looks like he fr time to time needs to "resod" the turf, and as for rugs, pls: has anyone ever seen a real looking one?  They're like silicone boobs are for women: fake, fake & more fake.  My point is, isn't it better to keep it real instead of trying to hide it & look more ridiculous w/storebought hair?

Look at is as a rite of passage.  I realize that's easy for me to say, but as a woman I have to deal w/my own "rites of passage."  None of us have it perfect in this life right?

My now smooth & shiny friend has several gashes or scars on his head.  He was always wearing a hat & 1 day I dared to remove it & said, "u know what Bill, embrace your uniqueness:  rock your ugly." 

He now wears a hat that says "rock your ugly".  I'm serious.

Well, thank u for listening & I look forward to reading this amazing forum.  Long may u run & shine on u beautiful diamonds!

Nice intro and welcome...

but no "right of passage" for me..

I'm proudly bald by choice for 15 years..

the look is awesome!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2009, 09:56:44 AM »
Welcome ot the Forum Flying Carpet! Nice to have you aboard and you are free to post wherever you like. We love having the ladies point of view in our Topics.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Wesk

• Taken 7/7/2009
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
Enjoyed the thread, Tyler.

Quite the eye opener. Keep up the good work.

Are you likely to get any more articles published in the future? If so, don't forget to post it on here as I'd like to read them.

Best of luck.
"Treat the world like a head" Karl Pilkington

Offline alexander

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »
This is a great forum. It seems mostly positive from what I've read so far. I know it sounds dumb but I thought I was alone. I just googled embrace your baldness and followed the links here, boy have I got a lot to talk about. The article I read was by a guy named george chavez or Gomez. It was 4th or 5th down after I googled embracing well you know. It was pretty witty. And I must say I am witty too. I'm close to going with the total shave but I want to do it when I have some time off work just so I get to see what my head is shaped like first. thanks. now off to read some more from you all

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2009, 11:59:37 AM »
T I know it sounds dumb but I thought I was alone. . I'm close to going with the total shave but I want to do it when I have some time off work just so I get to see what my head is shaped like first. thanks. now off to read some more from you all

Welcom and you're certainly not alone--try this--count every guy you see with a shaved or tightly buzzed head for the next 24 hours and report the number.  And almost all of us wondered what the dome was shaped like.  This is not new territory--it's well plowed or should I say shaved. 

Next, from the observations on this forum, once you've got the itch it's going to get scratched and in every case the remark most reported is, "I wish I hadn't waited so long."  Suggestion, scratch the itch.  Keep it thirty days.  We'll bet you're Sly and Smooth from there on out. O:O

Offline TylerLutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
Going bald was the best thing that ever happened to me  O0

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »
great article Tyler

O0
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2010, 08:12:13 PM »
I used to be very self consious about my hair loss. I didn't like that I was in my mid to late 20's losing my hair. I thought I wouldn't care if I were in my 50's or 60's, but I was 26-27 years old when it became noticeable, to a point where I was reminded almost daily, by someone, that I was losing my hair. I'm 31 now and I'm not self-consious of it. I'm married (almost 10 years) with a child, so I don't worry about it.  In fact I get told I look better bald by most people, and now my wife even requires me to be bald now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:15:12 PM by rcg5227 »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline Jen-sam

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2010, 02:48:24 AM »
Why should you fear something that there is nothing in the world that you can do anything about. I have been bald a lot longer than I had hair. I personally think that it is kind of cool. I look naturally like a lot of the guys

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2012, 07:08:17 AM »
Nice one tyler!!! thumbs up O0

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:29 PM »
Becoming a bald guy has really helped my confidence. I am not so self-concious as I used to be as when I started losing my hair. And this site has helped me to keep my noggin smooth.

Thanks Tyler.

Bilko
BaldBill

bulls_fan

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
"Rock your ugly"

That's an awesome saying!
Imma make a shirt with that!

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
"Rock your ugly"

That's an awesome saying!
Imma make a shirt with that!

I am with you on that bulls_fan...can you make an extra shirt for me? hehe
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »
Men should not fear balding because the wall between you and a serene life is FEAR.
But your brain creates FEAR and your brain gives FEAR all that power.
Thus, because your brain is YOU, you have also the power to destroy what you'd created.
It will continue living, because you're a magnanimous person.
But it will be no more FEAR, it will be fear
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:47:30 PM by Cris »