Author Topic: Spouse not on board with the idea  (Read 14844 times)

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
Re: Spouse not on board with the idea
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 11:19:13 AM »
I think you'll look younger and way more cool if you'd shave your hair all the way, but it may be my adversity to (my own) MPB peaking. :)  But seriously, I bet your face lends itself to the chrome style very well, since I think your face will not look more aggresive because of it.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »
I echo what most of the other guys have said. See if she will at least give it a chance. IMHO you can't judge it exactly on an individual until you see it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 12:58:54 PM »
Thanks SBG and PigPen and all the rest of you guys. She knows I'm serious about it and you are right, she may grow to like it once it's there (or not there, however you want to look at it). You never know until you try. Personally, I can't wait.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 12:59:46 AM »
hey my wife thought i was crazy but i did shave it she loves it now so i would say go for it shave it.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 01:08:17 AM »
hey my wife thought i was crazy but i did shave it she loves it now so i would say go for it shave it.
Yeah some women just take some time to warm up to the idea.  Just like Brother Agassi said "go for it, shave it."
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 02:37:27 PM »
been a while since I was able to visit the forum, just wanted to let you know that you look awesome with your chrome dome schro, I gather the misses is convinced now as well? :)

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
been a while since I was able to visit the forum, just wanted to let you know that you look awesome with your chrome dome schro, I gather the misses is convinced now as well? :)

Thanks for the kind words....I'm not sure if the wife is on board with it or not. She's an extremely stubborn woman and will likely never admit it looks good. Although, she doesn't bad mouth it either. She has heard numerous comments from people that say it looks great on me. Of course, her response is always "Well, what do you expect them to say?". If they were true friends, they'd tell me it looks like crap.

Bottom line; I like the look, my scalp has never felt healthier, and I think I do look significantly younger.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 05:01:49 PM »

Thanks for the kind words....I'm not sure if the wife is on board with it or not. She's an extremely stubborn woman and will likely never admit it looks good. Although, she doesn't bad mouth it either. She has heard numerous comments from people that say it looks great on me. Of course, her response is always "Well, what do you expect them to say?". If they were true friends, they'd tell me it looks like crap.

Bottom line; I like the look, my scalp has never felt healthier, and I think I do look significantly younger.

Can't please them all.   I just find it funny that your wife would say that, because I have a sneaking suspicion if she decided to make a drastic hair change she would put you in the doghouse for saying the line you posted above.   

At least you like it though, that's really all that matters.
bald for life

Offline Bronco

• Sly Jr.
  • My WigsforKids Donation
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »
My wife is on board for my initial head shaving since it's for a children's cancer charity. Tough to argue against that. But I'm betting she will want me to grow it back toot sweet.

Depending how I look and if she is cool with it I'd entertain the idea of keeping it shaved through the summer months.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 03:19:46 PM »
Mine wasnt at first.....when I first shaved...and I am sure you all know the experience, the back of me head was a little "mangled"

SO...the next time I had to, I asked her to help out...to which she dreadfully agreed.

Now...she is the one telling me...."Geeze, you gotta shave that thing"...or "Okay, were shaving you tonight"

They'll get used to it.

You could also tell her that people you work with/interact with daily like it.. but she'll come around eventually.

Bronco...big  O0 for doing that for Children's Cancer!!!!  My wife and I have been heavily involved with the ACS and specifically the "Relay for Life".  Good Man!  O0
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »
So far, I haven't gouged the back of my head (I think that's where the Head Blade design excels...flipping it around and going against the grain). But, my lovely wife has joked and called me "Schrojak" a few times. I think she realizes the sly look is here to stay.

Hopefully she'll get used to it. If not, it'll be a long period of discontent for her.

Offline Bronco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:27 AM »
Thanks for the kind words jasandalb. I had thought about getting a team of my friends together to shave and raise funds but I got nothing but turn downs. So I ended up an army of one.  ;)

But things are looking up I am at just about the halfway point of my fund raising goal and I have 29 days till my head is shaved bald. If any Sly guys or gals would like to donate on my noggin email me and I'll send you the link to the St. Baldrick's Foundation website. Thanks.  O0

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 06:27:18 AM »
Do you have a personal page on there?
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline Bronco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
Yes jasandalb I have a participant page on the St.Baldrick's website.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »
I don't think my wife likes mine.

But she will get used to it.

Enter your email address: