Author Topic: 17, thinking about going sly/bald  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Knick11

• Learning the way of Sly
17, thinking about going sly/bald
« on: August 01, 2017, 03:30:56 PM »
Hey guys,

I've always had a fairly big forehead, and my current haircut is really not helping with it
I really like the sly/short buzz look, but what I'm worried about is that it would just emphasize the size of my forehead, making my face appear like a "wall" of forehead.

What do you guys think ? Is my forehead too big for this ? Here are some pictures so you can judge

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: 17, thinking about going sly/bald
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »
Typically a high forehead is actually just a high hairline.  So shaved, the hairline goes away as does the high forehead.  But I would not not shave if that is the only reason.
SlyBeard

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »
If you want to give it a try, just go for it. If you don't like it, it will grow back.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »
Hey guys,

I've always had a fairly big forehead, and my current haircut is really not helping with it
I really like the sly/short buzz look, but what I'm worried about is that it would just emphasize the size of my forehead, making my face appear like a "wall" of forehead.

What do you guys think ? Is my forehead too big for this ? Here are some pictures so you can judge

your face would have much better balance with a good buzz. say #1 or #000, imho.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »
No, just the opposite.  That high hair above your forehead is what is making your forehead appear to be high

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »
I agree with  semi-sly here. A shaved bald head can actually reduce the appearance of a large forehead. Because you no longer have  a hairline, so nobody would be able to tell. Even if you have a rather dark shadow once you shave smooth, if you decide to do it, it'd still work to reduce the appearance of having a large forehead.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »
You will really suit a very short buzz (a #1 or #0 all over) or a shaved head. This will eliminate the high hairline.

Go for it. If you don't like it, it will grow back in quick time.
All the best.
BaldBill