Author Topic: Can skinny guys look good bald?  (Read 19685 times)

Offline Slim Sly

• Learning the way of Sly
Can skinny guys look good bald?
« on: November 17, 2016, 12:28:20 AM »
I'm 19 and last year I noticed my hairline moved back pretty far from what it was (I guess college stress really made its mark). When I first found out, I shaved it with no guard on clippers asap and got mixed results from friends, family, and coworkers. My head shape is okay without hair and I feel my jaw and chin aren't a problem. Since then, I've grown my hair out and can hide it perfectly fine, but I feel like my hair keeps thinning.
I'm 6'2" and 160 pounds, fairly in shape back and legs from running and biking, but I can't gain muscle on my arms to save my life (even from lifting and supplements). I can tan pretty well, but growing a beard is out of the question.

I really want to put the razor to my head and get a smooth bald feel instead of using clippers, but I'm worried I'll look like a cancer patient afterwards.
Can tall, skinny guys be bald and look good?

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
Re: Can skinny guys look good bald?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:07:47 AM »
I'm short, skinny and bald - I like to think I can pull it off.

If you can tan that certainly works in your favour. Only one way to find out.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 05:41:55 AM »
sure absolutely just do it.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:35:54 AM »
I don't think your body type matters about if you look good with a shaved head or not.  I think you should go for it. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:31:30 AM by dshupe »

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 06:47:35 AM »
Im thinking of when adam levine shaved bald for a little while for a cause... looked fine but i think the masses like his awesome hair better, haha.

Of course a skinny guy can look good bald. A well dressed bald guy of any size looks great.

Keep in mind, people of all races and all demographics CHOOSE bald for various reasons. Many men ranging from high school to olympics choose it for sports. Some choose it for a medical cause. Some choose it for style. Some for convenience. Some to be different. Some to rebel against the normal stereotypes made by egotistical and self righteously conceited people. (Welcome to modern society)

Do it for you. Do it because its what you want, and the alternative (thinning etc) is not worth it to you. Do it for manhood.... (insert power inspiring meme here)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 06:52:14 AM »
When you buzzed your head you may have gotten mixed reactions because no one had ever seen you without hair.  Removing your hair is a drastic change in appearance, so naturally people will be surprised and not know what to think.  The funny thing about it is this:  Say you go for it and shave your head.  You may, again, get mixed reactions.  After a while, people get used to seeing you bald and it becomes normal.  They don't really even notice the smooth dome. 

The most important thing is for you to be happy.  What others think should not change your attitude or opinion of yourself.  If you ask the guys on this site, you will find that all of us found that once we became committed to being bald we found a new sense of confidence.  For me, when I first shaved my head I made the decision to do something that would make me happy.  Just for me.  I know when you're young you tend to care about how others see you, but, take from a "mature" man, it is far more important to care about how you see you.  People respond positively to confidence.  Shave your head, go out into the public with your head held high and you'll be surprised at how well they respond and how good it feels.

Give the 30 day rule a try.  I think you'll be surprised at how good a freshly shave head feels.  I love it and can't imagine ever having hair again.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 07:45:05 AM »
You certainly can pull it off.  You'll look great.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 11:03:50 PM »
I went BBC when I was overweight and it was O.K.

Now that I am at a very healthy weight I have gone BBC again and am getting LOTS of complements (which really surprises me). 

So YES - your gleaming dome will look GREAT regardless of your weight

AND - I think that a clean shaven dome looks best with a clean shaven face, so don't stress out about having to grow a beard.  (why do you want to take care of a beard anyway?)

Offline jjt724

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 03:03:02 AM »
Get the razor with no guard and redo your head. I also had mixed results from family/friends during this scenario. 3 months later..all I get is positive feedback.

Go for it and Own it. Nothing is worse than long hair that's balding.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 05:52:30 AM »
If you want to do it, do it...Male Pattern Baldness doesn't discrminate....160 pound guys and 260 pound guys can thin and go bald just the same...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 09:25:39 PM »
Hi Slim Sly,

I was in a similar situation at your age.  At around 19 or 20 and at 6'3" and about 180ish my hair started rapidly falling out due to genetics and (I'm guessing) college/life stress.  I hid it under hats for a few years, so you're already ahead of the game since you buzzed with no guard at 19!  Also, sorry to disappoint, but the hair loss process won't slow down; if anything, it's going to speed up! I would say I was "skinnyfat" in my college days (little defined muscle to speak of and probably 15-18% bodyfat). 

I wouldn't worry about looking sickly with a shaven head.  If you've clippered your hair with no guard then that's very close to what you'll look like shaven, but a razored head feels so much better!

I don't know what your body type is, but if you're a "hard gainer" and you want bigger arms/upper body, then my advice is to cut down your running and biking to maybe once or twice a week (or stop altogether for a few months) and focus that time into lifting heavy weights at low reps.  I know you've tried 'lifting and supplements', but those two things alone will do absolutely nothing for you without a caloric surplus.  If you're naturally skinny you're going to have to start eating a lot more calories!  I'm definitely no expert, but PM me if you have any questions about diet/lifting/cardio, etc.

And shave that dome!  !i#t
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Jack2aT

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
  Can tall, skinny guys be bald and look good?

Yes, but only to a point. Skinny and bald is not bad-bad if you're tall like 6 foot and above. Thing to do is hide your skinniness by wearing long sleeve shirts, maybe even add some padding. What's really, REALLY bad is bald, short and skinny. Short is a deal-breaker. Bald is bad enough. Bald and skinny is only slightly better. But bald and short?? I'm sorry. It's nowhere's-ville far as girls go.

Here's what my experience has taught me:

Bald is okay if you can develop the physique of Jason Statham and have his chiseled good looks. You can put on a t-shirt and all the girls will admire your chest and pecs. They'll barely notice your thin or missing hair.

Minus the physique you'd better have height because that is the minimum requirement if you're bald. Some girls can forgive bald if you're tall and especially if you're established work-wise or is moving toward a good career because the beautiful girl can accept you and look forward to having a family and feeling secure.

Bald and short even if you have a good physique is still a deal-breaker because a girl doesn't want to spend her life looking down on a bald pate, even the bald pate of a muscular guy. A guy in this category has to have a good career making tons of $$$. That will be what attracts the girls--you waving lots of green.

Bald, short and skinny, especially with bad features like a large nose, double chin, thin lips and such, I'm sorry. You guys have my sympathies. I'm the first to say it's a bad bad situation in the "attracting girls" business. This is the very worst it can get.

There are situations where the better option to just shaving your head is to bite the bullet and get the very best hairpiece on the market. Sell one kidney if you have to to be able to afford it, you will not regret it. Just tell the girl your religion forbids anyone from touching your head and be adamant about it. She might buy it or she might not but it's better than showing her the ugly "bald" truth.  :'(

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »
If you want to get big, you need to sacrifice your abs for awhile and eat at surplus and lift heavy.    No such thing as hardgainer just dudes who don't eat enough.  Quit all that running and lift some barbells

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »
Lol,yes!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 08:38:32 PM »
If you want to get big, you need to sacrifice your abs for awhile and eat at surplus and lift heavy.    No such thing as hardgainer just dudes who don't eat enough.  Quit all that running and lift some barbells
newsflash: FAT and bulking is out. lean muscle mass is in.