Author Topic: Shave head before first day of new job?  (Read 2918 times)

Offline asianman

• Sly Guy in Training
Shave head before first day of new job?
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »
I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks and during my interview I had an illusion of a full head of hair with a clean cut hairstyle.  I am extremely thinning and I've been using Toppik hair fibers everyday to cover the thinning hair and am tired of it as it makes me feel self conscientious and a bit depressed.  I've been wanting to shave for a while to let go of the insecurity but haven't found the right time as I've been too busy w/ my previous job.

Keep in my mind, this new job is in a corporate work environment interfacing w/ customers as well.   Would you recommend I shave before I start my job? I know if I continue to use Toppik while my hair continues to thin, I'll continue to feel self conscious and not fully myself, which I really don't want as a start to a new job.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shave head before first day of new job?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »
If you are already trying to conceal your MPB with Toppik, then I suggest you go ahead and shave it before starting work - make it a fresh start with the new you.  I will reduce the stress of shaving after starting relationships wit new work colleagues.
SlyBeard

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »
I echo Slybeard's advice.  Go in your first day with a shaved head.  You'll be meeting people at work for the first time, so there should be no issue there. 

As for the job being in a corporate setting, shaved heads are pretty common these days, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 09:31:45 AM »
It would be better to shave it now and maybe get a little tan and not out of the blue one week and have a white dome ha. I shocked my co workers oh well.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
Shave it. No doubt.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 03:29:04 PM »
Shave it for sure (sounds like you want to anyway) but I echo what baldOUfan says, start a week or so before if you can to even up the tanning on your head (and to sort out any of those little patches that you will learn that you have to shave a particular way to get them properly, we all have those spots)
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!