Author Topic: Hairline doubt  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Andreag

• Learning the way of Sly
Hairline doubt
« on: July 06, 2016, 10:06:48 AM »
Hi Guys!

I'm new here, this is my first post.
Here's my doubt: I have alopecia areata (I didn't find any sub-forum for this particular matter, so, sorry if this isn't the right section) since I was 13 (now I'm 24). It has gone so bad I'm thinking of shaving my head. I think I would seem good anyway, maybe even better. But, since I have (a lot of) bald spots and I have black hair, I absolutely need to cover them, or it would only be a mess.
If I will shave my head (of course, with razor and on daily basis), there would be ways to cover the hairlines? Doest it work get tanned? May a make-up be useful?

Thank you all

Andrea

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
Re: Hairline doubt
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:39:48 AM »
I still have 90% of my hair. Im a daily shaver and once you get into the routine its no big inconvenience at all. It will definitely get tanned. Just don't try to tan too quickly and get a burn. Scalp sunburns are the worst.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »
Welcome to the board, Andreag.

A lot of men have reported here that their symptoms went away once they started shaving.

If you have dark hair, you probably will have some shadowing on your scalp; but the more your scalp tans, the less the shadow is visible. Most people who see you will not notice the shadow at all.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 12:28:34 PM »
I work with a guy with Alopecia who shaves his head and has dark hair.  When he shaves every day you can hardly notice the bare patches.  Once your scalp tans up you shouldn't have any problem.  Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Enter your email address: