Author Topic: I should just rip the sucker off!  (Read 9268 times)

Offline euroman

• Sly Guy in Training
I should just rip the sucker off!
« on: April 01, 2016, 11:03:58 AM »
Hi guys.

First I just like to say thanks for a great community! You guys are awesome  O0

I've been lurking for some time now trying to man up but I still feel like a bitch with my (thing) glued to my head.

I'm married with kids. I'm soon 50 but don't really look like it I think? It could be the red wine talking? :)

20 years ago I got a hair transplant. Yeah I know (dumb f**k) But it looked good at the time and I was only 30 years old and not ready to be bald.

I think the scar is ok in the back? They used some new stuff to put me together again. The front looks fine. I can shave that off and you can't tell I had some extra hair put in.

I read abut fellow HT guys in here. And it's a bitch right.... Why did we even think about it? Ok, we know why. We wanted a full head of hair back!!!!! That's why.

I can tell you and anyone reading this. It's not gonna happen! It can't be done. Not yet anyway. (2016)

Here I am. With my pet on my head   :/O

It looks good but I hate it. I hate the fact that I have it. And I hate the fact that I feel the need of it. I feel like I need it or the World will fall down on me.

I'm writing this just to let you know that I'm here. I don't need you to save me and don't get me wrong.... It feels like I know you guys after all the reading up.

You are good caring people! You are.

You guys are making a different in the World. No sh*t!! You really are. And take that as a compliment.

I had and have sleepless nights thinking about my looks like it was Cancer. don't get me wrong here. I lost my mom and dad in cancer. I know what it is. That's what killing me. It's only hair.... And I know I sound like a bitch! Fxxx I hate this sh*t.

But thanks to you guys on this board. I'm getting closer to a real solution. All the postings you made here is helping a guy like me that you never seen. It's amazing right.

God bless.

Euroman

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:08:39 AM by euroman »

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
Re: I should just rip the sucker off!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »
Hi Euroman,

Thank you for sharing your story on here. I always think that stories like this are very important for  the young guys out there who are going through the first phase of MPB and are in emotional turmoil at the shock of it. I have no doubt as we speak one or two guys are reading your piece who may have feel that a HT is the only option for them and that shaving the head isn't an option . I almost went down this route myself. When my hair started to go i panicked like hell and went on line where i heard other guys saying your life was over if you went bald.I saved like a dog for five years and even went for an appointment .For some reason when i got home i bought an electric razor and shaved my head !!. There was no way i was going through all of that because i didn't want to be the bald guy.  Best call i ever made. I'm sure some of  the guys who have shaved and have been in your shoes will be along to offer advice. Keep the head up and do  what makes you happy .Life is too short to worry about what others think .I can honestly say been sly has not made one iota of a difference to how people treat me. I just wish i had done it sooner or when i was that young man worried stiff i had discovered this page sooner.!!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:56:54 AM by kerryman »
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »
Glad you joined us, Euroman.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Don't be so down on yourself. A lot of men panic when their hair begins to thin. As you discovered, there is a huge industry devoted to separating those men from their money.

I am sorry you are going through so much anxiety over this.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline euroman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 12:13:49 PM »
Thanks guys.

You are more helpful then you think.

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 01:43:54 PM »
. Joe Rogan from the UFC had hair transplants and shaved it off .
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »
hmmmm .... seems like I read this post here before ?
If not, good luck and keep us posted !

Offline euroman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 08:26:58 AM »
http://blog.firstmalta.com/2016/03/30/bald-men-are-sexier-more-masculine-scientific-study-finds/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
Just a great link about the topic.  O0

The only thing I know is how I feel about it. But deep inside I'm just

"Shave it off you wuzz"

What would really happen if I just did that?

The World as I know it will keep going. My kids will still love me. The sun will shine on us all anyways.

Thank you for the support.

Have a great weekend.

Offline euroman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »
I still have the rug on.

I know, I'm a pussy for not just burning it and be done with it. I have to say that Joe Rogan is a great help and support in all this. (see the video above)

I have now seen all I can find on YouTube and he's the best comedian I've ever seen. And I love stand up. Like Bill Burr is also a favorite comedian.

The way he talks about his past hair problems makes a lot of sense to me.

Anyway - Thank you all for the support. Even if you haven't posted on my topic. I read all of your postings here on the forum :)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »
Do what you are comfortable with.  If that means keeping the rug on, that's fine.  It doesn't make you a pussy.  If you decide you want to try being sly, we're here for support.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 01:36:42 PM »
I know, I'm a pussy for not just burning it and be done with it.

No. You are human.

If you read a lot of the posts on this board, you will find that most of us have written that we hesitated and worried about what people would think or whether we would like the result after we shaved. I was down to just the horseshoe, but I contemplated doing it and was incredibly anxious for a few months before I finally mustered up the fortitude to put the clippers to my left temple. All that anxiety went away once I took that first sweep. Afterward, my only regret was that I took so long to make up my mind and do it.

As Laser said, do what makes you comfortable and when you are ready. Just don't be down on yourself for feeling the way you do.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline euroman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 08:31:41 AM »
I got so many positive replies on my post.

I just like to say thanks guys :)

I feel better now. I'm still on the rug but getting closer to a real solution. I'm pretty sure it's all about me?! What I think people around me would think? I know my wife and kids will love me with long hair or shaved / trimmed.

The thing that really gets me is why this is a problem for me? I'm the kind of guy that solves problems!!! I kick the door in and solve it and here I am with this problem... Don't get me wrong. I know this is a big issue for a lot of men and woman out there. But why? Why is it a problem?

I think woman with a bald head are hot!

I've seen men with bald heads that looks like they run sh*t

So I could be a boss?

If I were a bald consultant my advice to you would be this. "Just take you're trimmer and cut it all off!" What ever else you do can't look better then a shaved head that is yours and all yours!!!

That's me in my consultant office.

What ever. Cheers guys. Have a great weekend :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 11:13:31 AM »
Welcome, euroman

You are a good looking dude. A bald/shaved head is just another haircut. But no one (at least not here) will think of you as any less of a man if you do nothing right away. Everyone in their own time, we're here for you regardless of when/if you do the deed. In your profile pic, is that a full wig? If that's a partial hairpiece, they did a nice job where I can't even detect it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 11:59:03 AM »
If you're having doubts then give it a try, it took me a while to do it myself and now I love it, if you hate it you can always go back.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline euroman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 01:54:05 AM »
It's a partial piece. Yes it's pretty good.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 11:11:48 AM »
Euroman,

As a former consultant, I can tell you it's always easier to solve other people's problems.  You can see things more objectively than they can.  They won't always listen to your solution, however.  When it comes to ourselves, we're full of doubts and we have a hard time being objective.

As SirHarry says, we're here to support you if and when you decide you want to try sly, but none of us will think less of you if you don't do it.  Remember, it's your decision, not ours.  Do what you are comfortable with.