Author Topic: To do it or to not!!!  (Read 9205 times)

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
Re: To do it or to not!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 07:25:58 AM »
I dont think my family would like it all as they are quite conservative
Any advice would be more than welcome
Go for it dude. You only live once. The Sly way is the only way!!

my Mum (R.I.P) was the one that told me to go & get it shaved in the first place.
My Mom (R.I.P.) was not very supportive with me shaving my hair. She was the best in every other way.
Just lost her two weeks ago. I'd give anything to tell her how much she meant to me just one last time. This will be the first Easter without Mom's cooking. It's been a very difficult and painful time.
My wife, on the other hand can't get enough of the slick shiny dome and she's a not a bad cook either!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 07:46:11 AM »
 O0 Ahoy, Itsonly. Welcome aboard. All your fears are well known here. We all were apprehensive about the issues you raise, particularly the possibly negative response of your family. Fortunately, my wife supported the honest shaved look I wanted from the get-go. If YOU are pleased with yourself, that will make others find you attractive. RazorX gave you some solid advice. I started shaving on 4th November '06 and would not go back to the anxiety and inexorable slow process of balding--not to mention the pills and sprays--if you paid me. As to your bumps and ears, send a pic; one's own perceptions are often subjective and wrong. Try it at least once; stay shaved bald long enough to get over the shock of the new image; and then determine if you want to resume the image that has proven increasingly unacceptable. Godspeed, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 07:56:28 AM »
My Mom (R.I.P.) was not very supportive with me shaving my hair. She was the best in every other way.
Just lost her two weeks ago. I'd give anything to tell her how much she meant to me just one last time. This will be the first Easter without Mom's cooking. It's been a very difficult and painful time.

Sorry to hear that,its a hard time.I lost mine 4 yrs ago & reading that post really choked me
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 02:04:55 PM »
Well thanks again, this is a very supportive and positive forum. I am quite amazed.
 I think Ill give that website a go see if he can do a few photos for me from different angles.
 and
Ill probably get my head buzzed(see if I like the short look) pretty soon.

I suppose this is so hard because its so different for me as Ive never had my hair shaved, buzzed or anything near. The shortest before is about an inch long. I am used to(before the last year) to having my hair to about my eyebrows, kinda the surfer look with my sandy blonde hair and having it kinda spiked(the bed hair look) but with any product or my hair spiked my hair looks rubbish hence why Im thinking of shaving it.

Like I said Im not upset by hairloss since I realised when I was about 12 that I would follow the way of my father. and by the age of 15 I had started receeding.

But on the other hand one of my co workers said to me dont shave it till you have no option as you will never be able to grow it again. He is a sly guy(not on this forum, well to my knowledge). He is happy, has a good job with good money, is getting married and has given me some sound advice over numerous topics and is confident.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 02:14:44 PM »

But on the other hand one of my co workers said to me dont shave it till you have no option as you will never be able to grow it again.

It can be tricky knowing when it's the right time to shave.  With me, it was always a question of when, not if, I would shave.  I wanted to hold onto my hair for as long as it looked reasonably good.   When I shaved it, I thought I was jumping the gun a little bit, but I was really tired of the thinning hair.  Now when I look back at some of my old photos, I realize I did not jump the gun and probably waited a little too long. 

Right now I am more of the viewpoint that guys should just shave it all off, as soon as they feel they're ready to take the plunge - even if you don't "have to" yet.  If you've gotten to the point where you "have to" then you've waited too long. 

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 07:20:54 PM »
Everyone has their reasons for doing it, but the net effect is universally positive as you can gleam from every poster on these boards.  In my case, I had a surprise boost of confidence and realized how unhappy I  had been even though I didn't know it.  For me, shaving my head was symbolic of an overall attitude change.  And I have this site to thank for motivating me to do it!

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 04:22:59 AM »
Blondeguy-Well your the guy that inspired me to come to this website, so if I shave my head (looking about 90% likely) its your fault/you inspired me javascript:replaceText(' :D', document.forms.postmodify.message);
Cheesy

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 06:07:56 AM »

Sorry to hear that,its a hard time.I lost mine 4 yrs ago & reading that post really choked me
Let me welcome you to the group Itsonlyinmyhead, also I don't think that there is much more to be said, I too know the pain ov loosing someone close, as I lost my fauther two years ago the day befor his birthday. But I think that all our parents would just like to see us happy in life and enjoying it and embraceing everything life has to offer. I think that the ultamate desission weather or not to shave your head is yours, and you should do what ever makes you happy, and feel better about yourself and about life.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 07:05:52 AM »
I too know the pain of loosing someone close, as I lost my father two years ago the day before his birthday. But I think that all our parents would just like to see us happy in life and enjoying it and embracing everything life has to offer. I think that the ultimate decision whether or not to shave your head is yours, and you should do what ever makes you happy, and feel better about yourself and about life.
I guess life is far too short. What it all comes down to is making choices that make you happy. And since I have both of parents looking down on me this Easter, I know that they want me to enjoy and embrace everything life has to offer. So cheers to everyone. Have a Sly Easter Sunday!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin