Author Topic: Staying Sly  (Read 8249 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Staying Sly
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »
Thanks, appreciated the input   Sly was the only option for me but it is great to have feedback from others to share with the gf.  Now its her choice, take me as I am or take a bus. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 07:10:52 AM »
By jove I do believe The half-shavedmeister is getting the hang of it O0

Offline Bronco

• Sly Jr.
  • My WigsforKids Donation
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 04:58:06 AM »
Hi Paul. I agreed to shave my head for a St.Baldrick's fundraiser for childhood cancer research:
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=1773#

Not only was my wife onboard with the idea she was the first person that donated on my head! I'm having a straight razor shave at the barbers next Friday morning March 16th and my wife has been very supportive of my soon to be new look.

Depending on how I look bald, and how time consuming it is to maintain I may keep it Sly at least for the summer months.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 08:05:27 AM »

I may keep it Sly at least for the summer months.

I bet you'll like it enough to go beyond or permanent. O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 09:04:40 AM »
I'll second that Bronco.  Most guys who think of doing it find out they look great Sly.  Maintainance is really no more effort than you would normally have to keep yourself looking good.  Thanks for the input.  Glad your wife is on board with the idea, it is a great cause.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 09:47:25 AM »
I'm with all of you for sure.  O0  Bald is the way to go.  I've been bald for about 15 years now but only with clippers.  I use to keep about a 1/4 inch of hair on the dome.  But then I started to thin out on top quite a bit about 2 years ago.  I go down a size on my clippers every couple of months to try and find what I was looking for.  I got down without a guard when I finally decided to go for it!!!  By that I mean down to the skin.  It's been about a year now and I would never go back.  I love the "slick dome" look and it gives me confidence I didn't have before.  Yeah it's a cliche used over and over again, but "Bald is beautiful."  ^-^  Can I get an Amen!!! 

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 09:53:30 AM »
I'm with all of you for sure.  O0  Bald is the way to go.  I've been bald for about 15 years now but only with clippers.  I use to keep about a 1/4 inch of hair on the dome.  But then I started to thin out on top quite a bit about 2 years ago.  I go down a size on my clippers every couple of months to try and find what I was looking for.  I got down without a guard when I finally decided to go for it!!!  By that I mean down to the skin.  It's been about a year now and I would never go back.  I love the "slick dome" look and it gives me confidence I didn't have before.  Yeah it's a cliche used over and over again, but "Bald is beautiful."  ^-^  Can I get an Amen!!! 
Amen Brother Amen !!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader