Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362582 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #615 on: August 15, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
I go wtg and then atg. Then I have to pitch about redoing some stubborn areas! Takes awhile. Using a Sensor 3 blade and a brush and shaving soap. Use a moisture cream afterwards.

What gets me is that it can take a time to shave and one has to go over some patches more than a few times!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #616 on: August 17, 2013, 03:04:35 AM »
I'm the same as you Gary, gotta keep that shave special!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #617 on: August 18, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
How long does your shave take guys? Mine takes approx 15mins or more

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #618 on: August 18, 2013, 01:57:40 PM »
How long does your shave take guys? Mine takes approx 15mins or more
about 5- 10 min for head + face shave maybe 15 min about 5 min for head alone

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #619 on: August 20, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »
Mine takes about 10 to 15 minutes depending on how much of a hurry I amy be in. I like to take my time to avoid getting any nicks on the noggin.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #620 on: August 21, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
Do you need to go over certain areas a few times to get it smooth? I do.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #621 on: August 22, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
I need to hit a few areas a few times also. I have been told that a great shave  it is all in the prep. When I am at the YMCA, I like to go in the steam room for about 20 minutes. That really helps  loosen up the hair and I usually get a great and a close shave after that. I like it nice and smooth and that helps a lot.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #622 on: August 22, 2013, 01:54:40 PM »
I do prepare and lather well. A few times too. Shaved today and all went ok. Still took ages to shave!

Offline Bald Finn

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #623 on: August 23, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »
Hello everyone, new member here!

My shaving: little rape or olive oil to my head --> Philips QC5550 (I dont like this machine) --> more rape or olive oil --> finish with Headblade Sport against the grain.

I recommend using rape or olive oil instead of shaving creams and gels. Before using oil my bald often dried and I had to use moisturizer. Rape/olive oil is natural moisturizer and its works as shaving cream and leaves no nicks or cuts. Now my bald stays moist and healthy all day long. Reason why I use Philips machine is that I want to conserve Headblade razors because they lose their power pretty fast and are quite expensive. This whole shaving thing takes 10-20 mins.

I dont know if this is right topic to ask this but has anyone tried head sugaring? I have been planning doing this someday because shaving every morning is pretty annoying but still worth it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:18:08 AM by Bald Finn »

Offline Mojo Risin

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #624 on: August 24, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
When people say it cost less to shave your head than to have a haircut ...
It's not true at all. All the products and the blades are pretty damn expensive.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #625 on: August 25, 2013, 06:30:31 AM »
Very true Mojo, especially when you cut your own hair. I even cut my own high and tight flattop. My electric shaver does a good job, though, saves on the blades, etc.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #626 on: August 25, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »
I like your Gotie mate!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #627 on: August 25, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »
Thanks Koolpc, I used to keep the goatee clipped close. Trimmed it longer 2 years ago, and I get complements from total strangers, usually women!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #628 on: August 27, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »
Started a Goatee myself. Gets a little longer then i clip it close! I suppose i must try and get used to it being other than close!

Also, nicked my ear today while shaving!!

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #629 on: September 15, 2013, 09:46:39 AM »
   I have recently been having some issues with the products i have been using for shaving. I have used headslick, marykay moisturizer with SPF and St.Ives for exfoliation for awhile now and recently have noticed some yellowish tinting on the towel i use for shaving, on my sheets and around the neck of my shirt, after i shave i use St.Ives for exfoliation and run my head under the faucet in the bath tub with warm water to rinse the St.Ives off, then while my head is still warm i use the moisturizer on it, it has a little bit of a greasy feeling to it so after i let it soak in i run a towel over it to get rid off the slight greasyness. I have been doing this ritual for some time now and have never had this problem, i have noticed a yellow tint on my sheet around the neck and head area as well, there is not an odor to it but is not really a pretty thing to look at. The water softner in my house is new and besides the yellow tint is only on the towel that i use and on my shirts. Really not sure what could be causing this, im really hoping that its not from the headslick because i love that stuff! anyone have any suggestions or know of the same thing happening to them or someone else??????? any info would be greatly appreciated!
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http