Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 8332 times)

Offline kowalski

• Sly Guy in Training
  • BBC
New to the forum
« on: March 30, 2017, 07:33:21 AM »
Hello guys.
I'm new to the forum altough I've been reading for some time right now.
I've been years of my life thinking about shaving my head and buzzing with a Wahl clipper shorter and shorter to become accostumated to the bald look.
Last summer I shaved my head for the first time and was so shocked that I let my hair grow again thinking the look just wasn't for me. My family also disliked the bald look, so it was the "normal" decision to make.
Some weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to make a second try, so I shaved again and kept shaving every 2 or 3 days. My family still disagrees the look, but at work my colleagues accept it and my friends are a mix bag (some like it, some don't).
Now I see myself in the mirror and like a lot what I see, so my plans at short view doesn't seem to be with hair in my head. I got to say that I shave my head just for the look, I don't have hair loss problems (just a little thinning on the top side).

At the moment I find that Wilkinson Xtreme 3 is fine for me, but I would like to have the skills to use a safety razor, just like I used to use for my beard. I tried twice but ended with little scars on my scalp.

That's all for now, salutations from Barcelona

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 09:34:15 AM »
Your avatar shows a very strong look. Stick with it for the 30 days.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:02:23 AM »
Welcome , you look fine , no problem with that.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:25:29 AM »
Welcome to the board.  Friends and family that dislike the look likely are not being objective, their opinion has more to do with the big change.  Others not as close will be more objective.  It takes time for those closest to you to make an adjustment to the change.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:31:09 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 11:53:14 AM »
Lots of guys with full heads of hair are choosing the bald hairstyle these days, and it looks great on you. Keep it shaved and soon everyone will accept it as your new look.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 01:52:14 PM »
Looks very strong.  Parade it down Las Ramblas with confidence.
Roger

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »
Welcome aboard!  Nice beard, BTW
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »
Lots of guys with full heads of hair are choosing the bald hairstyle these days, and it looks great on you. Keep it shaved and soon everyone will accept it as your new look.
  I agree with this statement 100%

Offline kowalski

• Sly Guy in Training
  • BBC
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 03:14:52 AM »
Thank you for the compliments, guys.
In fact, I've been shaving my head for more than 50 days and I realize more and more that I love this style. I hope my relatives who are not into it will slowly become more tolerant with my new look.

I will be attending to a wedding in four weeks and I'm not sure if this new look will fit with a suit and necktie, but I guess I will continue to shave my dome and confront the situation and the photos as good as I can.

What I'm sure is that I will be sporting this beard for a long long time. In fact, I think I wouldn't like the reflex on the mirror if I remove completely the hair from my whole head.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 05:37:48 AM »
If you do a quick google image search you will see that sly and bearded goes great with a suit and tie.  If you like your look why should you change it for other people, let them see you for who you are. Suit worked OK for me at a formal event

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:44:09 AM by Dragon »

Offline kowalski

• Sly Guy in Training
  • BBC
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 06:25:41 AM »
Yes! Indeed, but I don't know if sly + beard + suit will work for ME.
I'm more a "dark t-shirt and blue jeans" guy. I usually look a bit weird in a suit and this time I have a complete different look.  ;)

PS: excuse my language because obviously I am a non-english native.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »
You will do fine in the suit.  Most guys rarely wear suits, other than those in a job that requires it.
SlyBeard

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 09:19:23 AM »
Yes! Indeed, but I don't know if sly + beard + suit will work for ME.
I'm more a "dark t-shirt and blue jeans" guy. I usually look a bit weird in a suit and this time I have a complete different look.  ;)

PS: excuse my language because obviously I am a non-english native.

I'm a weddings and funerals suit wearer.

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
Bald and bearded works perfectly with a suit and tie. Even if you are a "jeans type" this combination will suit you. Perhaps the combination bald bearded with suit and tie can convince your relatives that a shaved head is the perfect look for you  ;)