Author Topic: Cherry Angiomas all over  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Kleep

• Learning the way of Sly
Cherry Angiomas all over
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »
Sorry if this has been posted before... but anyways.. my story.

I recently shaved my head and found that I had around 10 red blood dots on my scalps. I did some research and believe they are a skin condition known as Cherry Angiomas, which is basically drops of blood under the skin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_hemangioma

The problem is a few of them are raised and get nicked when shaving. The first time I shaved 1 of them bled but hasn't since. And then the last two times I shaved, another one bled and is now sore.

I have scheduled an appt. with a dermatologist to see if they can be removed because I can't keep cutting them and have them bleed. It makes shaving a really scary thing.

Has any had experience with them? Can they be removed even on the scalp? Any work around for not cutting them?

Thanks fellow baldies.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:34:01 AM by Kleep »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Cherry Angiomas all over
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
Not something I have any familiarity with, but going to see a dermatologist is definitely the right move.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
These are no problem. I get them periodically on parts of my skin. My dermatologist uses the electric cauterizer to zap them away.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:54:28 AM »
Thanks for the link. I have a few of these, but not on my head. Wondered what they were. This was interesting. You learn something new every day.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:54:44 AM »
I too thank you for the link.  I have a bunch of these on my chest (started in my late 20's) and luckily they are all flat top.  When I saw a dermatologist, he didn't say what they were and made no big deal about seeing them.

I don't like the way they look but I'm fine with them as long as they are harmless.  If they were on my shaved head, I would definitely look into getting them removed.  Especially if they are raised.

Offline Kleep

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas. I wouldn't bother having them removed but since some are raised, it makes shaving a real pain.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
My dermo doc says not to worry about them, too.