Author Topic: Another "New" Member  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Conservator

• Sly Jr.
Another "New" Member
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:46:17 AM »
Been shaving my face with double edge and safety razors for more than 50 years. I have an extensive collection of vintage and new double and single edge safety razors, brushes, soaps, and creams. 

When the hair on my head began to miraculously disappear my wife suggested I shave the rest. 

She used a hair clipper to trim it down and then got the rest with a BIC disposable razor.  That was the first time.

After that, I took over.  The first week I used a Schick hydro three blade razor but didn't care for the result.  I then decided to use whatever razor I am using on my face and use that on my head.  I found I got better results on my daily shave. 

So I guess I am a 70+ year old newbie!

I'm not bald I'm follicly challenged.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
Re: Another "New" Member
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Thats great, its always encouraging to hear of a supportive wife, because I know that's one of the bigger concerns men have - how will the better half respond!

How long ago did you start shaving your head? I didn't quite catch it in your post.

Its been great to see some older men join  have been shaving for a long time already! Post up some tips and tricks!

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 08:25:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum and I echo the how great it is to hear that you spouse was supportive!  It's great and a plus for sure when they do!

Offline Conservator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 08:35:55 AM »
I have been shaving my head for a few months now.  My wife actually likes the look and says I look younger and sexy!  It's funny, but the first time my grandchildren saw me with a bald head they looked surprised.  But after rubbing my head as one of them said for good luck, they like it too. 
I'm not bald I'm follicly challenged.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:29:42 AM »
Be sure to post a picture!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »
Welcome to SBG , I see where about the same age . The forum has a wide age membership. Post a picture when you get a chance.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 12:15:48 PM »
I'm another member in the 70+ range, have been shaving for over 12 years and my wife is also supportive.  When I first  shaved a young grandson said "why has your hair moved from your head to your face".
Roger

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
Welcome fellow senior! Great to hear your wife supports your hairstyle choice. I think us "grey hairs" look younger with a shaved head. How often are you shaving?
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »
Good to have you on board.

We have some 70+ members on the site. Bald is a good look for all, including us older gentlemen. Nice to hear of the support from your wife.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 04:32:16 PM »
Welcome!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 10:37:29 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 02:50:34 PM »
Welcome to the club. You're in the same boat as an uncle of mine. He's been shaving his head for longer than I've known him. And that's about 45 years!
Hair is over rated.

Enter your email address: