Author Topic: What tattoos do you have planned?  (Read 14719 times)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
What tattoos do you have planned?
« on: November 16, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »
I have 2 tattoos right now, but I have a bunch more planned.  I'm working on a sleeve on my left arm   My next one is going to be big, taking up most of my upper arm.  It's going to be the tomb they laid Jesus in, but looking out from the back of the cave, showing the pedestal where they laid him with the crumpled up burial shroud.   At the front of the cave just a portion of the stone the used to seal it, rolled off to the side.  Should be really cool.

I've dedicated my left arm to my faith.  The cross I have is Celtic so I got a little of my heritage mixed in.  I still have a small area on my forearm I'm not sure what to do with.  I had a great idea one point but I should have written it down. 

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: What tattoos do you have planned?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:42:38 AM »
Not sure if I will ever get it but one I have had in mind for the last 15 years, is a heart, pierced by a wooden cross, with a crown of thorns wrapped around the two (kind of holding the cross in there) with the words, "no greater love". I think the meaning of my faith is pretty clear there. Though I don't know if I will get tattooed (never had piercings either) and I grew up knowing my father regretted his tattoo from his army days (but it wasn't something that had real meaning to him)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:47:29 AM by Quiet_Dan »
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:23:51 AM »
I think for most people who regret their tattoos it's because they were not thought out in advance.  Either they were done spur of the moment, because of peer pressure or (if the artist isn't moral) they were drunk.  It sounds like you have a fantastic idea for a tattoo that you would treasure because it would mean so much to you.  I love my tattoos for the same reason. 

If you do decide to get a tattoo I would advise you to do your research.  Look at the ink that some of your friends have, look closely, and if it looks good you might want to go where they did.  If you were in the Detroit area I'd have a great recommendation. 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:08:22 PM »
I am currently working on finishing an entire back tattoo.   Doing a session on it every week.

Meanwhile, I really want to do a half sleeve on my left arm, but I am moving to Florida for four months Jan1 and don't know of any really great tattoo artists there that I can trust with it.

Next summer when I return to Chicago for five months I will begin a full chest tattoo.  But this can't be completed in just five months, so it may take a year to complete.

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 02:11:25 AM »
Planning for my nickname inked but not sure where to put it lol.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »
Dont have any tattoos currently,  althiugh i occasionally wear temporary ones to help me decide on a style and where i want it.  But for several years now ive been thinking of some sort of capricorn tattoo, to symbolize my zodiac sign, most likely on the left pectoral muscle,  possibly an actual sea goat design, with the tail wrapping around my shoulder and down my arm. Anothervthought ive been having recently is the new trend of biomech tattoos, perhaps to eventually compliment the other one after i finally get it, this time going on my right forearm
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline CowtownBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 06:51:07 PM »
I have five so far. I want one 30 year old one touched up. I will get a skull with a Headress and a skull with a Norman Helmet (on each calf) to represent my ancestors. I also would like to have a maple leaf tattoo. I want to get a tattoo of a raven going down the back of my forearm. But putting my kid through college right now, so I can't justify spending that much at this time. Here is some of my recent ink. I did not include two old ones that need to be re done.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »
I currently have two planned. One is a compass rose on my left forearm while the other involves expanding a current tat into a half sleeve.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Stanly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 01:42:14 AM »
HI, I like compass tattoo too. I am going to art one of this tattoos. I am didn't decide which one exactly. What do you think, which of them more interesting?
1)
2)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »
@Stanley those are sweet!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 05:21:55 AM »
be advised that if   you a tattoo it is hard to stop with just one - same with pierces. 

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »
I currently have five tats. My plans are to have one on my right forearm expanded into a half sleeve and also put a compass rose on my left forearm.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Oliphant

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 10:43:46 AM »
I currently enjoy my life much more with these weight loss pills and have five tats. My plans are to have one on my right forearm expanded into a half sleeve and also put a compass rose on my left forearm.

I'm planning a tat if my grandfather's home country (Croatia) wins the World Cup. It's quarterfinals and we're still in. lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 08:35:14 AM by Oliphant »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 02:38:10 AM »
Oh wow, i have the entire body planned out but I am flat broke for a while.   completed the entire back last year.  This year I am finishing my left half sleeve and beginning my Pe'a.  next year we start the front side of the torso.

Offline nikituz

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 08:15:27 AM »
I recently did a tattoo on my left shoulder, this tattoo, in my opinion, reflects our world. There is a chain on it written FOREVER, near the chain of angels, it looks beautiful

Enter your email address: