Author Topic: Did I go too far this time?  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Did I go too far this time?
« on: December 06, 2015, 09:03:17 PM »
So, over the past two years I acquired first one, and then a second, earring.  And I am 61 years old!  Right now I have tiny black studs in my ears.  I would like to be able to change jewelry from studs, to little hoops, to tiny diamonds, etc. but I cannot do it myself.  These ear studs are not like ladies' earrings with the big prongs that stick out of the back of them an have big clips to hold them in place.  These are really tiny and when I try to change them myself I cannot find the back side of the hole and wind up turning my inner ear lobes into a bloody pulp.

yesterday there was a guy getting a haircut in the chair across from mine.  He was telling us that he is a full time corporate guy and a DJ on the weekends.  A far cry, he said, from a guy who started out as a licensed body piercer!.  I noticed that he was wearing moderate black ear tunnels.  He said that this was a big as he dared go because of his day job.  I told him I wished that someone made really tiny ear tunnels so that I could put jewelry studs through the tunnels rather than trying to push them through my flesh.  He said that while not exactly "tiny" he could order some that were only 14 gauge.  He said he would order them for me and put them in if I would like.  I told him to go for it.  He said that he would have them by the end of the week.

Have I gone too far this time?

Offline TheDome

• Sly Jr.
  • Growing old disgracefully
Re: Did I go too far this time?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:40:36 PM »
No, not if it makes you happy. Life is too short to worry about such things. If you're not doing yourself or someone else harm, go for it.

Offline BaldBassMan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 05:08:22 AM »
14 gauge isn't that bad at all. They aren't tiny, but you also aren't going to be going super stretched out either. I got my ears pierced when I was 18, had them done at a professional tattoo and piercing studio that used a real needle and immediately put 16 gauge ear rings in. It'll sting a little bit getting them in, but its not that bad.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - Romans 12:2

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 06:01:50 AM »
My earring is 12 gauge.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »
I'm at 14mm, Semi-Sly and you know how conservative I am.  ;)

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
I've had my ears pierced since around 1984, and I might be missing something, but couldn't you just buy some earrings that you can change yourself?
I used to do it all the time until I decided to just have some permanent small hoops put in.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 02:46:11 PM »
I've had my ears pierced since around 1984, and I might be missing something, but couldn't you just buy some earrings that you can change yourself?
I used to do it all the time until I decided to just have some permanent small hoops put in.

Same here.  Now my 12's are pretty permanent. Switching up a gauge up until about 10 is easy to do yourself. Just give it a few months between sizes for your holes to adjust. I really felt nothing going from 18- 16, 16-14, 14-12.  Just slip in the next size.

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 04:29:31 PM »
Well, I'm not even talking about enlarging one's ear holes. I just mean that in all these years, I have never had trouble finding ear studs whose backs were large enough for me to remove myself. Maybe the earrings you're using now have backs that are too small for you, but perhaps the answer is as simple as buying some high quality earrings with larger backs?
Of course, I might be misunderstanding the issue...

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 04:42:08 PM »
That's what I've got, a basic diamond stud that I got at Zales.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Double Diablo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »
Years ago, an old Army buddy and I took a trip to one of the Mexican Border Towns south of Texas.  We drank, got into a couple fights, partied in a whore's room with her and four other whores.  Got in a fight with their pimp.  Never thought it was possible for a girl to go from telling me I was the best lover in the universe to chasing me with a switchblade in two seconds until I laid 5 across her pimp's soup coolers.  We stole a police car.  We dumped the cop car behind a strip club.  On the stage was a girl who could pass for Salma Hayek's hotter sister.  We immediately started stuffing dollars in her garter because she was not wearing anything else but the garter and high heels.  She sat on the edge of the stage in front of my friend.  He pushed her on to her back, grabbed her by the thighs, pulled her to him and buried his face between them.  As a result, we wound up in one more fight.  The bouncers kicked both our asses and tossed us out.

The next morning my bud had a rash around his lips and small blisters at the corners of his mouth.  My friend TOOK IT TOO FAR!  You sir, are barely edging toward the line.  :)
I ain't dying.  I'm just shot up a little is all- Mox Mox

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 01:16:25 PM »
OK!  I bow to the master - that is one of the coolest stories I have ever heard!  I really don't think it is possible to top that one!!!!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 07:55:51 PM »
I don't think I'd have the courage to even try topping that!
Hair is over rated.

Enter your email address: