Author Topic: Yeti's next tattoo  (Read 76162 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Yeti's next tattoo
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »
Hey Big Rig, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »
Big Rig welcome to the SBG's buddy.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2007, 12:55:54 PM »

definitely, born and raised 37 years.... except for jaunts around the world at times.  8-)  Well met, The ~Yeti
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

stemikger

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2008, 03:31:26 AM »
Cool Tats.  Wow.  You got balls.  I only have one that I got at 17.  I'm 44 now and I want to get another one, but I will feel like if I walk into the tattoo parlor everyone will be wondering what this old guy is doing.

I want to get Mickey Mouse on my arm for my upcoming Disney trip.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2008, 09:51:19 AM »
I'm 44 now and I want to get another one, but I will feel like if I walk into the tattoo parlor everyone will be wondering what this old guy is doing.
Dude, I'll be getting my first at over 50.

Offline Southworth14

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 02:44:25 PM »
Great Tat MC.  Normally I do not like celtic work, but yours rocks. 

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »
Very nice work! You're fortunate to have so many talented artists so close.
I know how it goes with the "changing the face hair around" thingy. I usually go with a Goatee in the summer and the full beard in the winter (but unlike you, I haven't had the guts to go clean shaven altogether since I was able to grow facial hair (Which was at about age 18 - If your mug looked like mine, would YOU reveal any more of it than you had to?!?! :P)
And finally, Re: your friendship with Slipknot - very cool. While I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a "maggot," I do have some of their tunes within my MP3 collection, and I stand in awe of Joey Jordison's drumming. Most times when listening to him do his thing, I find myself going "GOD he's fast! How the he(double hockey sticks) does he DO that?!" O:O

Offline Mr. Wilson

• Sly
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »
Nice ink Yeti, I plan on getting some tats once I move away from my family.  Can you share some more of your tats with us? 

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2009, 05:32:54 PM »
I dig the skull tat on the throat, very very cool  O0

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
That does sound interesting  skull tatoo on the throat 

Offline JimmyRhino

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »
Out of interest what do people think of Maori/Polynesian tattoos? I'd love to get a half sleeve one on my left arm , maybe extending onto my left pectoral.
Do you reckon you need to have a bit of Pacific Islander blood in you though to avoid looking like an idiot? I don't think so but have seen some people who it really didn't suit if you know what I mean.

I'd be thinking something like this...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
Most of my friends have tribal, though most of them are also Pacific Islander or have spent time in the islands.  If you're going to do it I recommend that you know the meaning of what you are getting. 

Out of interest what do people think of Maori/Polynesian tattoos? I'd love to get a half sleeve one on my left arm , maybe extending onto my left pectoral.
Do you reckon you need to have a bit of Pacific Islander blood in you though to avoid looking like an idiot? I don't think so but have seen some people who it really didn't suit if you know what I mean.

I'd be thinking something like this...

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
I agree with Tyler, there is nothing worse than meaningless tribal spaghetti on your arm. I find that Samoan tatau are much less common than Maori designs, and are refreshing to see because they are not so overused. The only tribal I would ever consider getting is the Pe'a which is the traditional Samoan tatau of basically the area shorts would cover, denoting manhood.

In short, be careful what you get, because good tribal is hard to come by, and the more traditional it is, the better, but know your meanings, or you may not wear it well.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Yeti's next tattoo
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
Well put Slyfive... My Samoan Bros passed this tid bit of info to me as well.

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2014, 12:40:37 AM »
Does anyone know of an artist in the U.S. who does the traditional Pe'a?  I have one tattoo that I got from a New Zealander but it is not a full Pe'a.

Enter your email address: