Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Blaplante89

• Learning the way of Sly
Hello
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:38:38 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Bob.  I'm 22 years old and just recently started seeing my hair thinning and cut it down to a no guard buzz cut.  Seeing myself lose hair has dramatically effected my life.  Some days I love having short hair, others I hate everything about it.  Of course the first thingthat came to my mind was "I'm never gonna find another girlfriend after this." I figure my best bet to help me through this is to talk to people who have also gone through it.  It's kinda difficult to talk to all your friends with perfect hair and a dad who also has perfect hair (I think I get it from my grandfather).  I look forward to talking to the awesome people on this forum and appreciate any advice. Cheers!

Bob

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
You've come to the right place!!! O0

Welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
Hi Bob. You have nothing to worry about. You look really good.

I certainly understand how you feel. And while I didn't have to deal with it as early as you, it was something I was always thinking about. Luckily for me, my hair did a very slow retreat but now in my 40's, it was finally time.

So now what?  You've done the important part!  Enjoy your new look. Hold your head up. THIS is you. You will probably even like it as most of us do. I love the convenience of not having to worry about hair and it feels great.

It is going to be so much better for you now. As long as you display comfort and confidence, no one can knock you down. It's pretty hard for others to throw balding jokes at you when you have taken control of your situation and are now completely bald.

Welcome to the group and keep us posted.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
Welcome!

How about a photo where you're not sneering at yourself in the mirror?  8)  It actually looks likes there's a fine-looking young man under the scowl.

Slynito

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 06:26:02 AM »
Welcome Bob, and yes I also miss my pony tail sometimes, but I love the "BBC" look. And plez listen to the advice of SlyBear.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:46:09 AM »
Taking your own picture, using your phone, in a mirror, is never a good idea :)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 07:22:16 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys, Bob.  Sly suits you.  Take a better picture so you don't look pissed off and disgusted.  O0

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »
You may not have the perfect hair but you have the perfect head...wear it with pride
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Blaplante89

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »
It's funny, I've only joined this forum for a day and I already feel more at home with the people here than some people I've known for a very long time! And just an update I'll post another pic as soon as I can.  I'm a goofy dude so serious pics are hard to come by.  And also on the ladies front,  surprisingly a girl I've been talking to for a long time that said she didn't like bald guys said that I have changed her opinion completely.  Talk about a good confidence boost.  I now look forward to checking this forum now at work all the time!

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 11:16:05 AM »
It looks great and good luck with the girl you're talking to.  O:O

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
Welcome Bob.

Slynito

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »
It's funny, I've only joined this forum for a day and I already feel more at home with the people here than some people I've known for a very long time! And just an update I'll post another pic as soon as I can.  I'm a goofy dude so serious pics are hard to come by.  And also on the ladies front,  surprisingly a girl I've been talking to for a long time that said she didn't like bald guys said that I have changed her opinion completely.  Talk about a good confidence boost.  I now look forward to checking this forum now at work all the time!

Oh yea, way to go! Sending you a big ol' fist pump!

(**! (**! (**! (**!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 09:25:20 PM »
Welcome Bob
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt