Author Topic: More bald research  (Read 4876 times)

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
More bald research
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4714662/People-judge-bald-men-handsome-successful.html

Well here we go more bad news for baldies....
"Our research found that men are regularly considered less handsome, less powerful and less likely to succeed – purely because of a lack of hair."

I couldn't also help notice one of the comments made underneath from someone, who I think is spot on - "Confidence doesn't change whether a person looks good bald or not it helps his personality. That's like saying a confident fat woman is more attractive because she's confident and a none confident skinny woman isn't. Bald men aren't less attractive because they are bald, they are less attractive because their physical body type doesn't compliment a bald head. It's all about the man some men are made to sport a bald head like Michael Jordan and some aren't. Just like Halle Berry looks far better with short hair than long."

EXACTLY. Many will say it's just how you carry yourself and the confidence you portray but none of that really matters if you don't look good bald in the first place! As the person above says a fat girl may be confident, kind, feminine, sweet etc. but she's still fat regardless.   
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:13:46 PM by tryingtostaypositive »

Offline countjulian

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: More bald research
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »
I would look up the actual study, news orgs are terrible at reporting the actual results of scientific studies of any type. Don't trust everything you read (who knows, might even be worse, but read the study, not the soundbite).

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:15:18 PM »
Do you think people who have no legs read comments from people saying how unattractive people with no legs are? Or how people with legs can walk better than those without? Or studies saying how much harder life is? No. An extreme comparison, as baldness is not even close to being a physical disability, but you get my point. There's really no point on focusing on negative stuff unless it propels you to change something.

Try as I might, and easier said than done, don't expend energy on the negativity from others.

Focus on the positive. Focus on what you CAN change. You've gotta play the cards you're dealt. The alternative? Wallow in misery, become depressed. Some people get suicidal.

Grab life by the horns. Focus on how the richest man in the world is sly. Focus on how baldness is perceived as more dominant. Better yet- cliche as it is, as impossible as it might be, don't care about what others think.

Hopefully this wasn't cheesy.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 03:19:19 PM »
Do you think people who have no legs read comments from people saying how unattractive people with no legs are? Or how people with legs can walk better than those without? Or studies saying how much harder life is? No. An extreme comparison, as baldness is not even close to being a physical disability, but you get my point. There's really no point on focusing on negative stuff unless it propels you to change something.

As a bald guy with just one leg, I can say that it hasn't affected my attractiveness at all.  I actually think the way I've dealt with losing my leg has made me even more attractive.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 07:59:53 AM »
I wouldn't take the study results seriously at all. It was done by a hair clinic! Who are th 100 people who answered? Their clients and staff?

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 09:45:22 PM »
I misspoke. I wasn't meaning to say they are. Hopefully you get my point. I want us all to be empowered no matter what. Sorry about my miscommunication.