Author Topic: I've had a head/hair tattoo  (Read 4220 times)

Offline AC35

• Learning the way of Sly
I've had a head/hair tattoo
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
I've seen other posts on here about scalp micropigmentation (head tattoo) and seen the normal it won't look natural, don't do it etc.

But as I will never actually see any of you and as I have had it done myself, I would like to see what you think.

To be honest it is the best decision i have ever made, anyone that has experienced losing their hair from a young age knows it bothers them massively, if they want to admit it or not.

I've had nothing but good comments from the people I have told and it feels a part of me now. I still shave every 2-3 days.

I had it done at a place called skalp here are my before and after pics.

AC

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:49:05 AM by Tyler »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: I've had a head/hair tattoo
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 08:01:53 AM »
If you like it, that is all that matters.  It looks like they did a good job with it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:03:12 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 08:04:48 AM »
It looks like they did a nice job.  I'm glad you're pleased with the results.  That's all that really matters.

Offline revilodad

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »
Looks great! I had considered getting this done but decided against it as some SMP's seemed to have a bluish tint in the pictures. Yours however looks very natural and so does your "hairline." ;)

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »
It has become REALLY popular here in Israel, in the land of the bald. Unfortunately, the results are usually no where nearly as good as yours. Some look purple, with unnatural hairlines.

You do look natural.

What I find hard to understand, is why not just shave it? The maintenance must me brutal, as if you don't keep your hair clipped really short, it begins to look obvious.

DD

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 03:57:01 AM »
Welcome, AC35!

I had the procedure done myself two years ago. I, too, was against it in the beginning, but I was so OCD about my surgical scars, I went ahead and had it done. Two years later, it has settled in pretty nicely, in fact I was a lazy head shaver before the procedure, but now, I shave every three days to keep the consistency. One thing that I refuse to do is to become an SMP evangelist, meaning force it onto every single balding guy who comes here. The good thing about this forum is the acceptance of members regardless of how they handle baldness; we even have members who still have full heads of hair!

Before I get a little long winded here, for anyone who does take the SMP route, the key is to shop around and ask to see the artist's work and also to remember that SMP is NOT permanent. Even the best jobs will fade in 10-15 years. Just to make you feel a little more welcome, here's my before and after:

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline AC35

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 03:32:19 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys, the maintenance is actually less than before having the treatment, now i can shave every 2-3 days, before i used to shave every day pretty much, I did a lot of research before having it done to make sure I go to the place with the most natural results, which turned out to be Skalp, a lot of the places i saw do ridiculous straight lines, feels weird looking back at pictures of me without it now