Author Topic: Favorite Sitcom  (Read 23759 times)

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
Favorite Sitcom
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »
How’s it going fellas? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I really miss the golden age of TV as I call it. That was the time when sitcoms ruled the airwaves, and there wasn’t all this reality TV, brain-rotting crap like nowadays. The TV shows back in the day could brighten the worst of one’s day, or teach some lesson about life even if was done a little tastelessly. What sitcom(s) did you guys enjoy or still enjoy watching? I gotta know. ;D My favorites by decade are below.

70’s: All in the Family, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley

80’s: The Cosby Show, Growing Pains, Married with Children

90’s: Boy Meets World, Family Matters, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Friends

Early 2000’s: That 70’s Show

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Favorite Sitcom
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 06:17:03 AM »
My all time favorite is The Andy Griffith show. There are many days I would love to go back in time and live there. So much simpler and different times.

I can imagine walking into Floyd's Barbershop and getting a razor headshave. Might cause a little gossip in town.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:49:08 AM »
I miss the old classics as well, but I do not care to re-watch the ones I have already seen so often that I know the entire show.  Therefore, I do not watch TV much anymore, for the most part there are no programs on that I care to see.  Everything thing seems to be produced just for shock value and trashy.  I have 80 channels available to me on my cable, and nothing to watch.  Growing up, we had 2 channels and had to choose between two good programs.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:45:47 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
Cheers, Family Ties, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens.

There are no decent current sitcoms.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »
My favorites are Cheers, M*A*S*H and The Andy Griffith Show
Hair is over rated.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 10:06:36 PM »
The Odd Couple, MASH, and All In The Family

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
Cheers, Family Ties, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens.

There are no decent current sitcoms.

Not at all

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »
I miss the old classics as well, but I do not care to re-watch the ones I have already seen so often that I know the entire show.  Therefore, I do not watch TV much anymore, for the most part there are no programs on that I care to see.  Everything thing seems to be produced just for shock value and trashy.  I have 80 channels available to me on my cable, and nothing to watch.  Growing up, we had 2 channels and had to choose between two good programs.

I watch most of my favorite shows online these days. I prefer it that way, as TV seems to randomly cut out parts. Only two programs to choose from??

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 11:22:10 PM »
My personal favorite would be NBC's Saturday Night lineup in the mid to late 1980s which consisted of shows such as Facts of Life, 227, Golden Girls and Amen back to back to back. I was a teenager then, but it was some fun times!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:13:05 AM by Sir_Harry_208 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 06:05:21 AM »
For me it would have to be Family Ties, Silver Spoons, Facts of Life, Cheers, Friends, and Seinfield.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 08:07:34 PM »
My personal favorite would be NBC's Saturday Night lineup in the mid to late 1980s which consisted of shows such as Facts of Life, 227, Golden Girls and Amen back to back to back. I was a teenager then, but it was some fun times!

So you must have been familiar with "Empty Nest". The sitcom wasn't one of my favorites, but it was a pretty decent show. 227?? Now that's a flashback; I still remember the theme song, ahaha!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:32 PM »

So you must have been familiar with "Empty Nest". The sitcom wasn't one of my favorites, but it was a pretty decent show. 227?? Now that's a flashback; I still remember the theme song, ahaha!

227 was never the same after Sandra left the show. BTW, many of these shows can be seen on various channels of DirecTV or you can get them via firestick or a Roku box.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 08:20:22 AM »

Their Thursday night lineup was better (Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, Hill Street Blues). Now I rarely watch network TV anymore.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 08:43:47 AM »

Their Thursday night lineup was better (Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, Hill Street Blues). Now I rarely watch network TV anymore.

I did enjoy Thursday night when they had Cosby and Different World back to back

However, CBS had some pretty good sitcoms in the late 1970's early 1980's such as All in The Family, One Day at a Time and Alice...but personally, I was (and still am) a game show junkie, so if a game show was on, that trumped any and all sitcoms for me.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »
The Odd Couple, MASH, and All In The Family

Wasn't there a remake of "The Odd Couple"?