Author Topic: Help Sly Bald Guys raise $10,000 for St. Baldrick's and fight children's cancer!  (Read 27375 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List

Hey guys and gals, it's time for all of us to put our (bald) heads together and help fight children's cancer.  I've setup a virtual event with St. Baldricks that will allow all of us to team together to raise $10,000 to help find cures for childhood cancer.

That's right, our goal is to raise $10,000 by the end of 2007!  I know we only have a little over 4 months, but you guys are awesome and I know we can pull this off!

So how can you get started?

Go to the Sly Bald Guys team page here: https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/team_info.html?TeamID=1484

Then click on Be A Shavee, enter your fundraising goal, fill out the form, and click on Register Me.  (make sure to leave the Join A Team button checked)

Once you have signed up as shavee you can then start fundraising!

Just want to donate to St. Baldrick's?  That's easy too!  Just go to our team page (https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/team_info.html?TeamID=1484) and click on Donate.

Working together, we can easily make this happen.  Thank you guys in advance for all of your support!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:11:32 AM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BigJimW

Wow. This is awesome. I'm a softy for childrens charities like this. (I'm a big contributor to MDA and the March of Dimes myself). Count me in for this. I will have to distribute my donation allotment a bit, but I will be sure to contribute to it any way I can. :)

You should sticky this topic.  8)

jusbnme

Hey Tyler, I just had one question about the "shavee" link on the site.  Under "Enter your donation goal" do I enter the $10,000 we are all shooting for or do I enter what I would like to contribute personally?  Thanks bro.  Sorry to bug you but I want to help with this in anyway I can even if I just make a donation. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Hey bro, just enter what your personal goal is.  Thanks for getting involved!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

Hey bro, just enter what your personal goal is.  Thanks for getting involved!

Will do man.  O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
So you guys are going to grow back some hair so it can be shaved for St. Baldrick's?  How long are you going to let it grow out for before shaving it again?

jusbnme

So you guys are going to grow back some hair so it can be shaved for St. Baldrick's?  How long are you going to let it grow out for before shaving it again?

Yeah, I was thinking about that one and I'm leaning towards just donating to the cause.  Not just because of not wanting to grow back hair.  Just for the fact that my hair doesn't really grow anymore anyway.  The sections that do grow don't grow fast and are very thin.  Yeah, I'm sure I'll just be donating after giving it some thought. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility

Yeah, I was thinking about that one and I'm leaning towards just donating to the cause.  Not just because of not wanting to grow back hair.  Just for the fact that my hair doesn't really grow anymore anyway.  The sections that do grow don't grow fast and are very thin.  Yeah, I'm sure I'll just be donating after giving it some thought. 

I'm in exactly the same boat.  I used to get a little bit of peach fuzz where my widow's peak used to be.  It dawned on me a few days ago that it's been a while since I've felt any fuzz there.  I can't imagine that anyone would be motivated to pay money to see me shave off the fringe and a few wisps of hair on top.    I'll just make a donation instead.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
I'm not looking to grow my hair back.  Instead, I'm going to personally donate plus seek out other donations and possible shavees.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
i spoke to the lady that used to cut my hair about this. she seemed pumped up to help if she could. i'll get back with her later. her husband just went sly and donated a 14" pony tail to locks of love.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Help Sly Bald Guys raise $10,000 for St. Baldrick's and fight children's can
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
i spoke to the lady that used to cut my hair about this. she seemed pumped up to help if she could. i'll get back with her later. her husband just went sly and donated a 14" pony tail to locks of love.

Awesome!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
i spoke to a guy tonight that wants to do a fund raiser with a bike night or a poker run and the proceeds will be for sbg's to give to st. baldricks. i am doing my part biatchez. step it up. ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Excellent Paulie
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Help Sly Bald Guys raise $10,000 for St. Baldrick's and fight children's can
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 01:10:14 PM »
Wooohooo!!!!  That's awesome Paulie!