Author Topic: CREMO vs. PRORASO vs. EVERYTHING ELSE  (Read 6479 times)

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
CREMO vs. PRORASO vs. EVERYTHING ELSE
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:25:34 AM »
I've tried a few creams now, and I'm really starting to think that regular ol' Cremo is superior. I have been going back and forth between that and Proraso White, using a brush for both, and yes even the Cremo lathers up pretty well if you have a good brush.

I've found that Cremo is the smoothest and easiest to work with out of everything I've tried. No irritation ever. Blade slides over it effortlessly.

Not saying that Proraso isn't absolutely wonderful - but I'm really thinking that Cremo might be my all-time go-to for all situations.

What do you all think?

PS - has anyone tried their new "cooling" shave cream? I'm going to pick up a tube soon.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: CREMO vs. PRORASO vs. EVERYTHING ELSE
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
I've had really good success with Cremo as well.  Going to try some of their new stuff soon.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 12:04:34 PM »
I tried the cremo cooling and had mixed results.  The shave itself was awesome and the combo of menthol and peppermint is pretty intense but I love in florida heat so I enjoyed it.  I noticed however that within 10 hours after every use I would get a crazy amount of bumps and pimples on the back of my head/neck as well as extreme itch all over my head.  I don't blame the product, I blame my sensitive picky (PIA) skin and it's numerous allergies.  I still have a tube of cremo cooling that is only two weeks old with about 5 uses out of it I'll probably never use again.  It's a shame, it's great stuff.  My skin just hates most products.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »
SlyCat - man that's a bummer about the sensitive skin! I tried the cooling stuff, and really enjoy it. I've had some issues with certain stuff before though too. My girlfriend gave me some essential oils for my skin that just made me break out in pimples! Yikes!
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 06:40:48 PM »
Yea even tea tree oil (properly cut, not straight) makes me break out which is supposed to be its opposite effect
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air