Author Topic: Good Look Ink?  (Read 15249 times)

Offline Alien

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Good Look Ink?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 09:55:29 PM »
I am amazed that no one replied to you. You make good and reasonable arguments.  O0

I too am considering this.... Feed back from people who had it.

Those who aren't interested in it shouldn't bother to comment. People always push what they do and what they choose to make themselves right and stroke their own eGos.  :/O

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 06:54:06 AM »
I am amazed that no one replied to you. You make good and reasonable arguments.  O0

I too am considering this.... Feed back from people who had it.

Those who aren't interested in it shouldn't bother to comment. People always push what they do and what they choose to make themselves right and stroke their own eGos.  :/O

I do believe on his first post he asked for thoughts on this topic , meaning pro and con.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 08:53:12 AM »
There's no way to look natural with the micropigmentation 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 10:03:10 AM »
There is really no right or wrong answer here. As someone who underwent the procedure three years ago, I did it because I was having issues with scars. If I had to do it over again (which wasn't a cost-effective option at that time), I probably would have just had the scar areas done and left the top alone. The key is to shop around and ask questions if you go through this. Also, unlike regular tattoos, SMP only goes into the first layer of the epidermis and on average, you have to do three sessions, possibly more. Further, your body chemicals will start to break down the SMP job usually in the range of 8-12 years in which case you must decide to either let it fade out or to go in for a touchup job which on average may be 1/2 the cost of the original procedure. Many of our members, some who post a lot and others not so much, underwent hair transplants, and after the scarring just went ahead and shaved their heads after all. SMP is a good option to cover some scars and most guys who get it done were shaving almost every day anyway. Yes, I was one of those who frowned upon SMP, but after trying all kinds of stuff to cover surgical scars, I took the SMP route and am happy with my results. On the other side of the coin, several guys are getting their hair lasered to achieve a uniform hairless look. All in all, this is in no way to be an attack, but we have to respect the decisions of everyone here. SMP, if you do research right and go to a provider who has your interest at heart more than his or her wallet, can be a success and something you can have for a decade or longer. Sorry for the long post, but as someone who had it done, I just wanted to post a point of view from the other side.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 11:29:05 PM »
I had it done to conceal extensive and ugly, obvious hair transplant scarring 5 years ago. My avatar is me just after the final procedure at HIS Hair in 2013, only company doing it then successfully. Freed me to finally shave smooth and love it still today. Do need a bit of a touch up on scarred areas which I will do over the winter. I did my whole head for an even look but maybe didnt need to. But now no one knows how stupid and insecure I once was and it has made a huge difference in my life and self confidence and success. I now sport a shaved head with stubble beard and feel great. BUT if you dont have transplant scars I wouldn't advocate it. Just be confidently bald and have gratitude you didnt scar up your whole head. If you do your whole head keep it a light shade, dont try to go low to make a hairline only a 10 year old would have.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 10:33:35 PM »
My perspective is a little different I have male pattern baldness I've chose so I've chosen to shave my head for now and I'm 55 ran from this for over three decades as mine started thinning when I was about 20 as well I've worn some great Hair Systems they Oculus hair stylist have even started to cut them before they realize it they weren't my natural hair, recently I have thought about purchasing a business that does Scout pigmentation how can I very seriously even for myself, but I don't think I'm willing to make that commitment just due to the process of aging and not being sure how it's going to look in the future,  as the skin on the head does change as age.  The reason I opted not to buy the business is that I think as we lose our hair we do become desperate for Solutions, or at least I did and I don't want to give someone a permanent solution that they later  decide was the wrong choice and maybe they can't afford to have the tattooed lasered off.  Ultimately it is your decision I've seen a lot of these testimonials it does look great and if there's ever cure for baldness you know how your hair would just grow in with the tattoo on your scalp and no one would ever know the difference as some people do use it to fill in thinning areas just to make them darker the right color so they're less noticeable.  I do wish you the best of luck and regardless of what decision you make it's yours, but you might even really look at a hair system because they are great ones out there that would really amaze you. I would also recommend shaving your head doing for 30 days checking out your real confidence finding out some things about yourself and then make your hair choice. I am all about choice good luck and keep us posted
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »
Just thought I'd weigh in a bit more bluntly, as is my nature. The problem as I see it, and I'm genuinely trying to help, is that your own mindset is completely wrong.
The problem is inside not outside. I started balding in my teens but I always expected to and accepted it. I can't say I always like it but at the end of the day it's my conscious decision how I respond to it. I can be bitter about it and let the simple lack of hair affect my confidence or I can own it, accept myself for who I am and move on. I've done the latter. I also have bigger problems in life to be worried about than a lack of bloody hair...mortgage, work stress, sports injuries, paying for kids college.
In other words, accept it, move on and be happy in your own skin. Good luck baldy bro.