Author Topic: Tracks that make you cringe and/or change the station  (Read 26996 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Tracks that make you cringe and/or change the station
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2014, 07:14:46 AM »
 ;D. And what you said about "Shake It Off" applies to any Taylor Swift song.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
;D. And what you said about "Shake It Off" applies to any Taylor Swift song.

Her song's do get overplayed more than most.  My oldest daughter is only a few years younger than Taylor Swift and she was always a fan.  I was impressed with her when she first came onto the scene because she was so young, but had written all of her own songs and chose to go with a lesser-known producer.  I think she is a sweetheart... but I used to think that about Miley Cyrus too... and look what happened to her... :(

I don't think I could listen to a whole album at once though!!!  haha
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:52:45 AM by slymyke »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »
I like most music genres to some extent, but I cringe and change the station when I hear one full of vulgarities or sexully explicit language.  I am not in to the shock value of musical lyrics, and I usually have kids around.
SlyBeard

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2014, 01:35:03 PM »
Love Shack by the B-52's.  I don't normally listen to stations that play it, but if I'm somewhere and it comes on I just leave the room...especially weddings.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
Tin roof rusted

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
Today I listened to Nickelback's latest release "What are you waiting for?" Nice, catchy little song with a powerful message, even if it was unintended to come across as such. I noticed some of the previous posters didn't like Nickelback and that's okay....One of my friends went as far as to say that Nickelback is evolving into a "boy band" I don't see how.....Speaking of boy bands, is it just me, or did Justin Timberlake become even better when he left N'sync?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »
I tried to listen to the radio this past week, scanning across the entire spectrum. I stopped at a station playing some '90s music and thought... I didn't really even like these songs back then, but they're still better than anything released this decade.

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
My friend plays in an Amish cover band that does everyone from acdc to Jay-Z to lady gaga....I can listen to just about anything within reason

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2014, 10:21:05 AM »
I have to ask one of you rap guys what b.l.a.d's refers to in Big Pimpin?

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »
I don't get all the flap about Nickleback. I can appreciate them. Maybe I don't realize they're bad because I've passed a certain age?
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2016, 07:10:26 PM »
Ok guys and gals, I may be an offender here by opening an old topic, but here's an update 2015-2016 style

1. Watch Me (Whip/Nae-Nae) by Silento...My brother hates this song with a passion. I do like the catchy beat, but the song does sound like someone threw the songs "Stanky Legg", Crank that Soulja Boy", Teach me How to Dougie" and The Cupid Shuffle and threw them all into a blender. I personally think that Silento gets a small pass because he's only 18, but "Whip and Nae Nae" sounds like nicknames for two children that grew up in the 'hood

2. Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor. The video is funny watching a bunch of nerdy kids and two old teachers trying to do (well, you know). The song is amusing, but I'm kind of surprised Marvin's kids didn't sue these two like they did Robin Thicke and friends for the sampling of "Got to Give it Up" in the Blurred lines song

3. Dummy Demi Lovato has overtaken Taylor Swift on my "Most Annoying" list. Cool for the Summer sounds so unoriginal....I'm sure there are about 999 songs about doing it and not telling your mother...

4, Ex's and Oh's....Cute video...and Elle King looks kind of hot for a plus size chick >:D
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.