Author Topic: September Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 17005 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
September Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:11:51 AM »
Team Sly.....Great couple months of working out here!  O0

Welcome to the Sly September Fitness Challenge. I was very encouraged by the August thread, and it was a great inspiration to me and driving my efforts...Thank you all!!

Objective: Post your fitness goals for the month, check in with your progress, support others while they march towards theirs and enjoy the summer.

My goals this month are
1)   200 miles on the bicycle (includes 1 65+ mile ride, A$$ hurts thinking about it)
2)   3-4 weight lifting sessions per week
3)   Increase Vo2max by 2 points (oxygen volume did get 4 points in August)
4)   Weight loss? Lets go with 5 pounds.

Sign up and post your September goals….above all have fun and be careful, injuries impact goals….better to go light, than go home.
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: September Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 02:40:16 AM »
Beardman checking in for another month!

My goals for this month are:

lose that last 4 pounds that eluded me last month, that's probably my main goal.

Keep working that shoulder...

Hrmm, I would love to be back to bench pressing over 100 lbs on flat bench and 77lbs on the incline bench by the end of the month, but they might be big asks, and I'm certainly not going to be pushing for them at all, just something to keep plodding away at really.

Maybe back to a consistent 175lb squat would be nice...

Totally wasn't just thinking up my goals as I wrote this haha...

Seeing it's getting into spring down under, I'll probably be looking to get back into all my bush walking and canoeing and stuff, so that is something to look forward too!

I look forward to see what everyone else has planned for the month of September!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »

Hrmm, I would love to be back to bench pressing over 100 lbs on flat bench and 77lbs on the incline bench by the end of the month, but they might be big asks, and I'm certainly not going to be pushing for them at all, just something to keep plodding away at really.

Just curious, but how did you arrive at 77 lb goal for the incline bench?  Usually the bar by itself weighs 40 to 50 lbs and the plates are usually 5, 10, 25 or 45 lbs.  How do you arrive at such an odd number?  My inner math geek wants to know.   :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »

Just curious, but how did you arrive at 77 lb goal for the incline bench?  Usually the bar by itself weighs 40 to 50 lbs and the plates are usually 5, 10, 25 or 45 lbs.  How do you arrive at such an odd number?  My inner math geek wants to know.   :)

Well you see, I am Australian, and here we use the Metric system. So I have just been using a converter whenever I am talking numbers with you guys, the weight I am really talking about is 35 kilograms, guess I forgot to do my sneaky round to the nearest 5 and someone finally caught me out haha!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
Yah, and to make sure Beardman gets us I now speak in metric centuries when I talk the long rides  O0

Wore my Navy bike shirt as we played Norte Dame in Ireland today...we lost big time  >:(

We only did a metric half century (32 miles), son got a flat out in no mans land, luckily I had a spare.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:06:22 PM by TyMoore122 »

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »
Looking good Ty!

32 miles, sounds like a great way to welcome the new month! I did it yesterday with a brutal legs session, you know it is good when you are still feeling it the next day  O0

Lucky you had a spare on you, otherwise it would have been a long unpleasant walk home!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:04:31 PM »
Where is Warhawk, KG and Marshall??  :popo
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:07:37 PM by TyMoore122 »

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »

yeah... I thought someone would be joining us by now... they seem to have gone quite on all fronts.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »
Hey Ty:  I'm here.  Last week was bad (weather-wise) with Hurricane Isaac giving tropical storm weather conditions to Beautiful  Pensacola that I wasn't able to workout.   Making up for it this week... I had a great workout this morning.  I can't wait to go again tomorrow. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »
Glad you all survived!
Cheers
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 06:36:06 AM »
Just got home from one of the most brutal cardio and abs sessions I have had in a long time too... pushed some boundaries and felt like I was going to chuck up lol. That is when you know you have had a good workout  O0

Oh and I just remembered I forgot to share with you all: on Thursday I got a new PB on the rowing machine! 2km (just under 1.25 miles) in 8:26 min, shaved 8 or 9 seconds off my previous record! It's not something I have been focusing on, but on the night it felt right so I pushed for it and it paid off!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »
Good job Beardman....keep it up, I always look forward to your reports.

We did a 50 mile ride yesterday, lots of hills with a new high on calories burned at 3300 for one workout, after one of the long, steep downhill's I promptly replaced the break pads with some high performance carbon pads.....after I changed my drawers that is! :)

Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 06:44:27 AM »
Good effort Ty!

Gee man, that must have been quite a steep hill! haha

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
@TyMoore and @Beardman:  WTG!!!

I just had a killer workout and I am sore as you know what!  Which is a good thing.  I'm going back again tomorrow.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
Haha, that's what I like to hear! Keep up the good work mate!