Author Topic: Thoughts on 911 and America  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Thoughts on 911 and America
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 02:13:46 PM »
Yes I absolutely agree with that. 9/11 itself was obviously a life-changing event, even for those not directly involved, but I also believe seeing the sites themselves is a life-changing event. Unfortunately, I have only been to ground zero, and not Shanksville or Washington, but seeing the WTC site definitely had an impact on me.

There have obviously been some vile and horrific events in Earth's history, even in our recent history, but I'm not sure too many of them got into the human psyche the way 9/11 did.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
Damn fine post, Mike
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Oracle

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 11:15:01 AM »
I agree that this is a great post!  The events that occurred on 9/11 were tragic and sad but in there aftermath, we awoke to a newer stronger and more patriotic America.  Many of the small towns near my home have posted signs with the 10-Commandments in their yards since they cannot be displayed at school.  The Pledge of Allegience is taught in grade-school and recited daily with the phrase "One Nation, under God" as it should be!  We try to shake hands with any servicemen we come across to thank them for defending our liberties.

E Pluribus Unum!

Jim 

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 08:39:48 AM »
It's been fifteen years, and I still feel sadness. Not only because of the thousands of innocent lives senselessly taken that horrific day, but also because I feel America is still not where it should be as a nation. Our country is continuously plagued with racial tensions, political strife and unexpected violence in the form of mass shootings towards various types of people. If 9/11 has taught us anything it’s that we are stronger as one. We must love, respect and support each other at ALL times, not only when tragedies strike. Only then can we truly progress as a nation. We owe it to all those lost lives fifteen years later; keep their legacies alive. United We Stand, Divided We Fall!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »
 O0    O0O0
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 06:21:02 PM »
It's been fifteen years, and I still feel sadness. Not only because of the thousands of innocent lives senselessly taken that horrific day, but also because I feel America is still not where it should be as a nation. Our country is continuously plagued with racial tensions, political strife and unexpected violence in the form of mass shootings towards various types of people. If 9/11 has taught us anything it’s that we are stronger as one. We must love, respect and support each other at ALL times, not only when tragedies strike. Only then can we truly progress as a nation. We owe it to all those lost lives fifteen years later; keep their legacies alive. United We Stand, Divided We Fall!

Well said, Ken
SlyBeard

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 06:36:33 PM »

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 06:37:55 PM »

Thank you Slybeard  ;)

Well said, Ken

Enter your email address: