Author Topic: 40 lbs by Jan 31st!  (Read 14216 times)

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
40 lbs by Jan 31st!
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:36:04 AM »
So, as my title explains, I am trying to lose 40lbs by January 31st.

I have started using P90X and am currently on Day #15. I am down 6lbs so far as I have teamed my workout routine with Shakeology from Beachbody as well. It is great!

You can take a look at it here www.tinyurl.com/shakelife

Anyways, I have gone through the journey of hairloss at the young age of 19, which was very hard for me on many different levels. I am now 26, and look back wondering what all the fuss was about! It is just hair, and I have found that many women are attracted to the sly look!

After graduating college, I ended up putting on a lot of weight, and not even really realizing it was happening. I have since dropped 30lbs but am hoping to drop 40-50 more pounds by the end of January. I will be using P90X, and possibly another Beachbody product, TurboFire.

I had a gym membership for a long time, but have since found it much more convenient for me to workout at home, in my own privacy. I don't have to spend the time getting ready for the gym, driving to the gym, and driving back. I save a lot of time, and find I have much more motivation to do the workouts. I can lay in my OWN sweat when I am done, and hop in the shower immediately after. It has worked so far! I will be using this forum to check in as often as I can, but I also have a blog set up at www.alitjourney.wordpress.com where I am tracking my journey, as well as talking about my life as a bald man.

Cheers  O0

Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: 40 lbs by Jan 31st!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:37:50 AM »
Best of luck to you Craig! Keep us posted.  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 11:44:12 AM »
I'm on the same timeline as you, but I've shot for 35lbs.  I wish you the best
in reaching your goal.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!   O0
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
Good luck to both of you.... O0

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »

Awesome, maybe we can help keep eachother motivated on this thread! Tough holiday season approaching!
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »

Awesome, maybe we can help keep eachother motivated on this thread! Tough holiday season approaching!

Very true and my family cooks like crazy during this time of year.  BLAH!   :-\
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
Good luck Craig!

This very Sunday I am going to start working out after a VERY long hiatus.

My goal is 20-30 pounds by the end of January.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »
This is actually a very good time to start on a fitness program, before you get swept away with the excesses of the holidays.  If you can stay disciplined for the next few weeks, most of the cravings will be gone by the time Thanksgiving arrives -- and if you've seen some positive results by then, it will motivate you to stay more or less on program during the holidays.  Go ahead and indulge on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but limit the indulgences to one day and then get back on the wagon.

I've been struggling to shed a few pounds for a while now.  I greatly restricted my caloric intake beginning around the first of October and I'm starting to see some results now.  The first couple of weeks were a bit rough, but I'm over the worst of it now and don't seem to be as hungry as I was in the beginning.

Hang in there, guys -- you can do it!

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 11:28:07 AM »
Good luck Craig!

This very Sunday I am going to start working out after a VERY long hiatus.

My goal is 20-30 pounds by the end of January.

Thanks Mike I appreciate the support! My timeline will probably be something more like that as well. I really have a 240 day plan in place because I need to drop 50-60lbs total probably. I want to get back to being Lean and super athletic like I once was ::sigh::.

Today will be Day #15, and I have P90X Shoulders & Arms tonight after work. I have replaced my breakfast with Shakeology and am already down 6lbs - although that seems to fluctuate 1-2lbs each day.
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
This is actually a very good time to start on a fitness program, before you get swept away with the excesses of the holidays.  If you can stay disciplined for the next few weeks, most of the cravings will be gone by the time Thanksgiving arrives -- and if you've seen some positive results by then, it will motivate you to stay more or less on program during the holidays.  Go ahead and indulge on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but limit the indulgences to one day and then get back on the wagon.

I've been struggling to shed a few pounds for a while now.  I greatly restricted my caloric intake beginning around the first of October and I'm starting to see some results now.  The first couple of weeks were a bit rough, but I'm over the worst of it now and don't seem to be as hungry as I was in the beginning.

Hang in there, guys -- you can do it!

Thanks Razor! I appreciate the encouragement, and was hoping that would be the case. I wanted to start prior to all of the junk food, cookies, cakes, pies etc so I can be more disciplined about my decisions through the holidays. In addition, I didn't want to be another "New Years Resolution" case that always seem to fizzle out much more quickly.

I am excited to have found a forum where I can talk about fitness as well as another passion of mine, which is reaching out to people who are balding at a young age like I was to reassure them there is nothing to worry about. Love this place!
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »
I wish you well. I'm on a weight-loss quest, too.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »
Thanks Razor! I appreciate the encouragement, and was hoping that would be the case. I wanted to start prior to all of the junk food, cookies, cakes, pies etc so I can be more disciplined about my decisions through the holidays. In addition, I didn't want to be another "New Years Resolution" case that always seem to fizzle out much more quickly.

I am excited to have found a forum where I can talk about fitness as well as another passion of mine, which is reaching out to people who are balding at a young age like I was to reassure them there is nothing to worry about. Love this place!

How did the weight loss goals turn out? Did you make it?
TheBBQGuy

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 04:16:31 AM »
Sorry. missed the date of the original postings.

The math does not add up.  Today is Jan 29th.  To loose 40-50 pounds in two days (by Jan 31st) is not healthy.

Perhaps you mean Jan 31, 2013?  that would be reasaonable. Or if you mean that you have already lost 38 pounds and you want to finish to the 40 pound mark in two more days ... that would be reasonable.

You can do it.  I was about 235 back in 2007.  Now hovering in the low 180's and have been as low as 169 ... I'm heading back that way.  

By the way, if you need a nice site for exercise, diet and general health coaching and mentoring, check out www.sparkpeople.com  Very encouraging. They do sell a few products, but none are necessary to participate in the system. I've been with these folks for about 5 years and still enjoy the encouragement. Sorta like SBG for weight loss and excercise.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:54:07 AM by mrzed »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 06:51:46 AM »
The math does not add up.  Today is Jan 29th.  To loose 40-50 pounds in two days (by Jan 31st) is not healthy.

Perhaps you mean Jan 31, 2013?  that would be reasaonable. Or if you mean that you have already lost 38 pounds and you want to finish to the 40 pound mark in two more days ... that would be reasonable.

You can do it.  I was about 235 back in 2007.  Now hovering in the low 180's and have been as low as 169 ... I'm heading back that way. 

This thread is a a year old!!!

I went strong for about 7 weeks and then hurt my shoulder working out. It took about a month for that to get better and then...... I never started back. I was down about 15 lbs. but gained about all of it back.

Honestly, my fat ass has gotten lazy in the last year. The wife and I have resolved to get fit this winter/Spring and stay there. My wife actually works out 5 days a week for at least an hour and is pretty fit.

Coincidentally, today is the day I begin a new workout regimen. My soon to be 15 year old son and I are starting a program together. He's incredibly fit because he's wrestler. He's 5'-9" and about 142 lbs.. Long and lean!!

I'm trying to get him physically stronger for wrestling next year because he got out-muscled 4-5 times this year by kids that weren't as good as him. He's trying to get me fit so I live to see my Grandkids. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fat slob but I guess I'm like a lot of 51 year old guys. Not as active so not as fit.

A realistic goal for me is to lose 20-25 lbs. in about three months. That means that  by May 1st I should be where I want to be if I stay on track.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Briggs

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 07:03:09 AM »
I'm 56 years old and lost 23 lbs from Jan to April last year.   High protein, low fat and consistent workouts.  I ordered P90X and it put me in pretty good shape.  I went from 215 to 192.  I gained a few lbs back over the year and started up again Jan. 3rd. This year I'm doing the same and trying to get to 185 or so.  Good luck. It's a struggle. 

Enter your email address: