Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Head Shaving / Re: Shunted and need to remain bald
« Last post by Tyler on Today at 03:15:56 PM »
You could try a different electric razor like an Andis or an Phillips Norelco
Reactions to being Bald / Re: Who encouraged you to shave?
« Last post by bbc2012 on Today at 02:50:34 PM »
Nobody encouraged me. I like the bald head with beard combo. 6 years ago I decided to give it a try and I still like being bald by choice.
To be or not be...Bald / Re: Thoughts on shaved head
« Last post by bbc2012 on Today at 02:36:15 PM »
looks good, keep the bald head + beard combo
Bald Stories / Re: One Year Since
« Last post by nuts on Today at 12:40:16 PM »
Glad you are still committed to shaved head.  Not sure how you can accidentally  shave your head!
General Discussion / Re: Checking in 6 years later... thanks everyone
« Last post by nuts on Today at 12:36:59 PM »
Still looking good.
Safety Razor Head Shaving / Re: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)
« Last post by 120inna55 on Today at 12:35:34 PM »
Van Yulay - Chupacabra
Wolf Whiskers | Raptor | Black Wolf
Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE (1)

I'm not sure I want to smell like a chupacabra because the fragrances I associate with it are wet cat, musk, dried blood, and castoreum.  Fortunately, Van Yulay's Chupacabra is intended to transport you to said creature's stomping grounds.

Chupacabra opens with a soft apple note, and I have no idea where I'm getting that because it's not in the documented notes.  The apple actually sustains throughout the shave but relents to nondescript woody notes leaning towards oakmoss.  Bitter citrus makes a brief presence before ultimately succumbing to a spicier and darker amber accord with hints of clove and finally a vanilla-esque muskiness.  Overall, this is a nice weighty fragrance for the cooler season.
To be or not be...Bald / Re: especially to the Bald By Choice guys
« Last post by reddog on Today at 11:28:51 AM »
Even if shaving my head daily didn't cure my dermatitis issue, I would still choose a bald head. I like how it looks and feels. I also thoroughly enjoy the routine of shaving. After over 4 years , I look in the mirror and think, I can't believe I'm shaving my head bald. One of the benefits is not having snow white hair, just a nicely tanned dome. And at my age, I really don't care what anyone else thinks, I can just please myself.
Bald Stories / Re: One Year Since
« Last post by slybeard on Today at 09:11:59 AM »
Looks good, and I am glad you like it.
General Discussion / Re: Checking in 6 years later... thanks everyone
« Last post by slybeard on Today at 09:10:16 AM »
Glad it is working out for you.
General Discussion / Checking in 6 years later... thanks everyone
« Last post by popperkarl on Today at 03:33:15 AM »
Six years ago a 20-year-old man scared and anxious over his hair thinning made this post:

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=15986.msg248412

I began shaving a year or so later and never looked back.

Yesterday I remembered how helpful this forum was in giving me the confidence to shave my head, which is no small feat for a man in his early twenties.

Here's me now, brimming with confidence with my shaved head - thanks to you guys  O0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Enter your email address: