Author Topic: Need some honest opinions  (Read 11189 times)

Offline anonymousnomore

• Sly Guy in Training
Need some honest opinions
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:20:07 PM »
Hello, all. I've been a lurker for a while and actually posted a couple times as well. I can't tell you how awesome I think this site is. I'm hoping you guys can help me as I need some honest opinions. I'm nearly 40, and seriously balding. This summer I got the courage up to buzz it down to a zero guard. However, I'm a little concerned about the shape of my head. The slope up towards the back looks off to me. I'm just not sure if I can rock the sly look. I'd appreciate any honest opinions. Thanks again for all you guys do. This is a great community. FYI, it's grown out a little from the zero, but you can still see the head shape. Thanks again, and I hope I didn't screw up the image thing....

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:59:46 PM by anonymousnomore »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Need some honest opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »
Looks like a perfect head shape.  Honestly, I don't see what concerns you.  But, if you have bee here for a while, almost every guy thinks they don't have the head shape to be sly.  You have a nice beard already, and the MPB is obvious, even with the short buzz.  Just take a razor to it and be done.  You will wonder why you waited so long.
SlyBeard

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:08:09 PM »
Dude, that hairline is shot. The short buzz looks serviceable, but going sly would help your face and your beard. my 0.02
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 01:10:32 AM »
The sloe at the back is a strong look and is balanced by the line of your beard under the chin.  So, your head shap is perfect people would love to have that head shape.  You could carry off sly easily.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 01:45:53 AM »
yep mate you got a good head for bald! and a good beard to set it off!
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 05:16:00 AM »
Honest opinion, your head shape is as close to perfect as it gets. Bald and bearded is a hot look these days, your going to love it! I think you would look younger too.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 06:50:43 AM »
Nothing at all wrong with your head shape.

Offline anonymousnomore

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 07:39:01 AM »
Thanks for all the input, gentlemen. I really appreciate it. Another quick question if you don't mind. When I do buzz it really low, there is a greenish tint to the skin where the hair remains. Will that tan over eventually, and if so, how long does it usually take? Thanks again for all the comments.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 08:54:20 AM »
You will always have that little color difference with a short buzzcut. If you decide to shave it, it will be much less noticeable. Depending on where you live, 30 minutes exposure to the sun at a time, and within a few days, it should even out pretty well. 

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 12:00:38 PM »
I would like to have a skull with that curve, sir. Mine is flat back there. You have nothing about which to be concerned.

As for the shadow, as Reddog stated, it always will be there as long as your hair is darker than your skin; but the more the skin tans, the less the shadow is visible.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 12:40:14 PM »
Ha, that's true Cave. And when your hair turns white like mine you have no shadow at all. The only problem is, when my head gets really tan, in 24 hours, you can see the grey hair popping through.

Offline Bald_dudeBR

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 03:21:56 PM »
Your head is perfect, dont worry about it. The beard is cool too! I think we all get a little insecure about it.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 05:19:28 AM »
Man your head shape is fine! You would look killer slick bald with that great beard. People will always make an occasional stupid comment but if you own the look (which I'm sure you will) it doesn't matter. Was once told I look like a fuzzy thumb. Fretted over it a bit and now could care less. I figure hey you can always use an extra thumb!

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 10:34:52 AM »
You need to go for it. You are going to rock the shaved head, especially with that beard. Your head shape is perfect for it. I think if you shave for a month, by the time (if not before) you get to the end of the month, you'll have all the confidence you might be lacking now to remain bald.

I will warn you though, having a smooth head will quickly become an addiction.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 11:35:02 AM »
Ok, so if we are comparing side profiles