Author Topic: Headblade Moto - Winner!  (Read 13454 times)

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
Headblade Moto - Winner!
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:17:48 PM »
Hey guys, Tyler recently put out the video revealing the winners of the Headblade Moto kits in the giveaway for six lucky head shavers.

I did all the entries i was able to do, and recommended that my dad also do them.

The video came out and i watched eagerly awaiting to hear my name.... Nope, didnt win. Oh well.

A week or so later, dad forwards me an email from Tyler saying that he won one of the kits in the giveaway! I said, "how? I watched the video and your name wasnt read off!"

Turns out dad hadnt set his location correctly, so when Tyler read off "Todd from Brooklyn NY" i skipped right over not realizing it was my dad.

The kit arrived today, and im so eager to try it out. I just couldnt wait to post this now and i will edit later (most likely tomorrow night or tuesday morning) with my thoughts on the new model and how it performs for me.

Big thank you to @Tyler and @headblade for the giveaway, and Tyler, if youre reading, my dad told me that he had emailed you saying he wasnt going to give it to me, haha. Turns out i wore him down and he is going to try my older ATX and let me have the Moto since i will use it a lot more!

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
Re: Headblade Moto - Winner!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:22:45 PM »
Im sorry - i have a poor connection and i double posted by accident because i thought the first didnt go through. Can a moderator delete one please? Thanks!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 06:45:00 PM »
Done. You're not the only one, for some reason when I start a new topic, I get a double post too. Congratulations (should I say that to you or your dad >:D) and enjoy!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »
Thanks sir Harry, for the double post fix and congrats to my dad!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »
Congratulations to your Dad, or you.  I am not sure which.
SlyBeard

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 03:30:34 AM »
I still haven't found an in depth moto review, besides Tyler's, so I look forward to reading your's!
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 04:42:29 AM »
I'm not sure which either man, haha. My dad won, but I told him to enter so "we won"?

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 06:36:20 AM »
Congratulations to you both!!  Looking forward to reading your review on the new model!!

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 06:57:18 AM »
Thanks guys - i will try to do my best for a review and might even do a video. I dont normally do video reviews but we'll see.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
I still haven't found an in depth moto review, besides Tyler's, so I look forward to reading your's!

I just used this little buddy for the first time about fifteen minutes ago....

The new model is so different from the previous that i feel i should give ample time before i spread my judgement. I plan to give it a few days worth of shaving before i review. I got a couple requests to do a video - ive only done Tech videos before.... If i get enough requests i may come out of my comfort zone and give it a go, because Slycatcrossing is right, theres like no video reviews out worth a penny right now.

Leave a note please if youd like a video review. Will see what i can do on friday, its going to be a busy week. Thanks

Oh and yes ill leave the suspense of how i like this little guy... Just know, no new is good news!

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 06:05:51 PM »
Thanks for the teasing but really hope you decide to leave a video feedback I think that would be awesome! Would be great too if you videoed an actual demonstration!

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 06:30:55 AM »
Thanks for the teasing but really hope you decide to leave a video feedback I think that would be awesome! Would be great too if you videoed an actual demonstration!

Thanks! I am planning right now on giving it a few days of use before i leak my thoughts and initial reactions. I dont want the first few shaves to flavor the overall experience, thereby requiring and apology review later on changing my mind on certain aspects just because i didnt give it time in the beginning!

At this point im looking at a basic hands on video showing the device and talking about the differences between it and the ATX and how the new dynamic adds up in a daily shave.

As mentioned somewhat above, if theres a demand or its requested a few times, i might consider doing an actual shave video with it just for kicks and to give everyone a in action review.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 03:53:34 PM »
A hands on review video would be cool but a full on sotd + review video would be awesome!  I have, and love, and atx model but I almost always get bumps and ingrowns on the nape of my neck from using it which forces me to use my DEs and I just don't always have 20-30 mins to shave my head so while I'm very interested in the Moto I also don't want to spend $15 for it to still give me bumps when my atx works fine. Eventually my atx will need replacing and then I'll get a Moto.

Also before this turns into a thread on how to prevent bumps, I've tried:
-shaving before, during, and after shower
-foam, gel, oil, and proper brush lather
-hot and cold water
-witch hazel
-ice cube
-2,3, & 4 blade cartridges
-several different manufacturers of cartridges
-shaving daily, every other day, and every 3rd day

I've used any and all combinations of the above and found no improvement from anything besides a 2 blade cart, which only reduced bumps, and using my DEs which rarely cause bumps.

I do want a Moto though just because I collect razors and I like to support headblade for being one of the best in terms of customer service
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 04:00:20 PM »
As for the bumps, I had the same problem at first and I found that if I only shave the nape of my neck with the grain and never against the grain then they seem to stay away!!  I too used most of the methods you mentioned and still had them and I saw a video on shaving your head and they guy made mention about that and it was like meant for me to see it.  They've been gone ever since I stopped going back against the grain in that area. 

I want to try the Moto myself....didn't have the best of luck with the ATX as it didn't want to stay on my fingers and I found myself trying to adjust it too much to use.  Hope to see and hear great reviews about the MOTO!!!!!!!

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
  • Est. Sly Warrior since 2011.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »
Congrats on the win my friend! I actually ended up receiving a MOTO kit from a good friend of mine who also is into shaving (but not his head more his beard and stuff). I have used the MOTO twice and I gotta say during those two test runs I think I may prefer the ATX.

Here are some reasons:

1. The ATX is heavier. It feels more bound and I find that it allows me to have more definite control over my shave throughout.
2. The MOTO is lighter. It also doesn't have that extra small loop in the finger hold that allows my finger to rest comfortably within. I'm guessing that this is more similar to past models before the ATX. I found going against the grain that it was hard keeping my finger in the rubber hold.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there something I can do to utilize the MOTO a bit better?