Author Topic: 1 Month Anniversary Stories  (Read 34004 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
1 Month Anniversary Stories
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »
So, its been one solid month now since I went the Sly way and shaved off the mane... I have gotten the whole gammit of reactions, from my mother now being somewhat accustomed and not disturbed about the look (thank god for my scalp finally tanning up), to my buddies and the ladies telling me that they could not any longer imagine me with hair. 
In general the reactions have been positive.  I have even gotten use to shaving to the point now where it is a well worn routine, practically knowing my scalp like I know the back of my hand.

My question: what was the general 1 Month Anniversary for all ya'll.  after the 1 Month, its old news, hence the reason I ask.  Do you feel anyway like you did before, or do you feel like a new, Slier, more confident man? 

Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: 1 Month Anniversary Stories
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 10:44:49 PM »
It's been a while since my 1 month, but I think I was just hitting the ultra confidence level with it at that time.  As much as I dug it the first month, I really started enjoying it starting the second month.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 06:04:02 AM »
I had my four month anniversary just last week so remembering one month isn't too hard.   For me I was still struggling with whether the sly look was for me.  I would go 3-4 days without shaving especially if I was to see family or friends who hadn't seen me sly before.  At that point I knew I liked the look and feel of being sly but was still concerned about what family and friends thought.  Then I found SBG's and now my daily shave is just part of who I am.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:07:30 AM »
Feb. 14th was my 1-month ann.

I'm diggin' it.....

I feel I have a much more dynamic and confident social persona.

Family, friends and collegues have all seen me by now with no problemas O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »
Cool stuff. Just past two months myself. Wife still not diggin' my sly look...but I really don't care. Guess she really did have a thing for Gavin McLeod (Captn. Stubing on the "Loe Boat") after all...NOT. You'd think she'd be happy with it knowing how much I like it. Go figure... :(

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 12:36:09 PM »

I would go 3-4 days without shaving especially if I was to see family or friends who hadn't seen me sly before.  At that point I knew I liked the look and feel of being sly but was still concerned about what family and friends thought. 

I would do the exact same thing.  And in fact, I probably did this for about the first two years.  Now I'm finally to the point where pretty much everyone has seen my shaved dome and it doesn't matter so much anymore.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »
Cool stuff. Just past two months myself. Wife still not diggin' my sly look...but I really don't care. Guess she really did have a thing for Gavin McLeod (Captn. Stubing on the "Loe Boat") after all...NOT. You'd think she'd be happy with it knowing how much I like it. Go figure... :(
Maybe the reaction is more to the fact that its a change in you as well as the cut.  the fact that you are more independent may scare her a little bit, or the fact that this could just be the beginning of that "Midlife Crisis" most women associate with the trophy wife phase; it could be the fact that she is not confident enough in herself, that you may be easily tempted and now are becoming more confident, therefore [possibly] more willing to give in to temptation.  I mean, face it, you are now slier than you probably ever have been in the past, more women are looking at you with that "I want a piece of Schro" look in their eye  ^-^.  Best advice, make her feel like your "Trophy Wife",  make her feel like she is the prettiest woman in the world, that could help her catch on to the look, if she feels "He might be more Sly, but I am the only one his Sly Eye has in Mind" if you know what I am saying!  Make her feel the Bald Love Baby  :@` Feel the new, Smitten, Sly Bald guy that you are! Maybe then she will start enjoying rubbing your Bald Head!  >:D
Peace

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 05:51:21 PM »
Here's a great add on to this question, when was that moment when you realized that This was the look...  Your "Trademark" O0... around how long?
Peace

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »
All very good points, Mr. Clean !!!
My wife already knows that I think she is incredibly sexy and think the world of her. She has her own issues to deal with (being Super Mom and all...but I need an entire bottle of Ketel One to discuss that one, preferably in person). To be honest, I really have no idea what her hang up is regarding my new appearance. I really don't think she is viewing it as a possible mid-life thing and no, I haven't been eyeing little two-seater convertibles to satisfy some unfulfilled urges now that I'm 40. But I will admit, I haven't felt this good about my appearance in quite a while (even when I was about 18 pounds lighter in the midst of my marathon training).

She already has my sly eye my friend, she knows as much, and any issues relaying to my appearance entirely lie with her.

I'm not certain that I ever viewed this look as a "trademark". I just know it looks better on me than the "horseshoe of hair".

Schro (your average Ordinary American).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:54:03 PM »
I woiuld say that about a month after "shaving" (it was actually using clippers) my head, I knew that I would never grow it back.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 10:57:37 PM »
Decade+ anniversary here hehehe  and needed more than ever  lol with the bit thats left haha
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
Schro... I don't know what to tell you.  She is one lucky lady it sounds like though.  Maybe its just her... No accounting for taste.  Your No ordinary american my friend, You are a Sly American... A Great American O0.

Tyler, I have to agree with you there my friend.  I am at that point, and now its just Old hat to me.  I will say, with a Month under my belt, it feels good to have all the minor stuff figured out, and to be able to have an Idea of what I am doing and what I need. 
Peace

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 08:49:16 PM »
Hey Mr Clean! Congrats on being shaved for a solid month. The first time I shaved my head I knew it was for me. I really liked the look and the feel. My first month I made sure I shaved everyday to get use to the process and the new feel of my head. Now I know the direction of hair growth on my head so that I can shave against the grain to get the smoothest shave possible.

Since shaving, I feel liberated and more confident. It's really part of my everday routine like brushing my teeth. I always liked my hair short. But I like being bald better. This May, I'll be bald for a full year. Looking forward to summer to tan my noggin.

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 09:40:53 PM »
My one month was actually years ago when I shaved my head down with some clippers.  It felt good.  But my actual one month of going sly with a razor felt great.  I was a little worried a first of what people thought but after that first month my confidence started to build. 

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »
Hey Mr Clean! Congrats on being shaved for a solid month. The first time I shaved my head I knew it was for me. I really liked the look and the feel. My first month I made sure I shaved everyday to get use to the process and the new feel of my head. Now I know the direction of hair growth on my head so that I can shave against the grain to get the smoothest shave possible.

Since shaving, I feel liberated and more confident. It's really part of my everday routine like brushing my teeth. I always liked my hair short. But I like being bald better. This May, I'll be bald for a full year. Looking forward to summer to tan my noggin.

Dude, I hear that, Well Said!  O0
Let me tell you, I did not have to waite long to Tan the Dome, Its pretty Solid here in the Valley of the Sun!
Peace