Author Topic: Electric vs Standard Razors  (Read 5116 times)

Offline MrBlonde177

• Sly Guy in Training
Electric vs Standard Razors
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
Which do you feel works best when going all the way down?  I tried using a standard schick extreme 3 and I had massive razor burn, mostly on the sides and the back of my head.  I'm considering using an electric shaver, my skin is pretty damn sensitive and I get razor burn easily.  Any thoughts on the best way to go about this?  Which electric/standard razor and shaving products would you suggest for a beginner?

Offline GATMOG

• Sly Jr.
  • serious sly is serious!!
Re: Electric vs Standard Razors
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 01:12:45 AM »
Williams Lectric shave may be your friend!  I find it helps me get a little closer on an electric, however the truly closest shaves you'll get will be from a blade..

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:07:27 AM »
I think the standard (non-electric) will give you the best shave and with the least irritation.  The Fusion or the Mach 3 have been the razors that I have tried that give the least amount of irritation.  You might give one of them a try.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Anthony

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 06:12:11 AM »
I tried using a Norelco electric to take it all the way down and well, the results aren't as good as regular blade.  Maybe borrow a friends electric and try it out to see if you like it before you buy something "expensive"...?

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 07:37:28 AM »
I personally have no joy with electric razors whatsoever, and always go back to the MachIII whatever I try in between.   8)

Offline Anthony

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 08:08:55 AM »
I personally have no joy with electric razors whatsoever, and always go back to the MachIII whatever I try in between.   8)

Same here man, the blades go dull very fast too... and they are very expensive which is another thing to consider.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:48:43 AM »
QUALITY razors like the fusion, headblade, mach3 keep the dome smooooother than an electric any day of the week.  well.... atleast 4 me.  the fusion (manual) rocks. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Anthony

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »
QUALITY razors like the fusion, headblade, mach3 keep the dome smooooother than an electric any day of the week.  well.... atleast 4 me.  the fusion (manual) rocks. O0

WARHAWK O0

Yeah man, I second this.  The Fusion manual is great and has given me the best shave.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 05:25:28 PM »
I have never got a real smooth shave from an electric (face or head).

They are ok for days when you are running late and need to trim up a bit but the headblade is just as fast for me now.

Shaving is something that should become methodical and not rushed. Once you get a routine down you will rarely need to break out the electric.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »
i use two razors only, the headblade sport, and the mach 3 turbo

Offline MrBlonde177

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the replies guys.  Probably won't pick up an electric and that'll save me some money.  Now for the first time shave, should I shave everyday after that or should I go easy on my scalp and wait a couple days to shave again?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 10:38:02 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the replies guys.  Probably won't pick up an electric and that'll save me some money.  Now for the first time shave, should I shave everyday after that or should I go easy on my scalp and wait a couple days to shave again?
it depends on u.  if u like it smooooth....u will probably shave everday or every other day.  me??  i may skip a day from time 2 time but usually i get my dome shaved daily. 8) O:O

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: