Author Topic: started losing my hair at 15  (Read 11340 times)

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
started losing my hair at 15
« on: March 18, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »
Hello, i'm new to this forum and wanted to tell you my story and maybe get a few tips that can boost my confidence.

I was 15 when I first noticed that my hairline was receding. I didn't think about it to much at the time since it was barley noticable. 2 years later you could clearly see that the hair at my temples was gone and I had a kind of Jude Law thing going. It was around this time that people started making remarks. Some to tease, but never meant in a hurful way, everyone i know tease eachother over things its how we connect as friends. Others just siad something like "Oh i didn't know you had a receding hairline" or "I've never seen someone with a receding hairline at your age". I usually joke about and try to maintain a "whatever, i can't do anything about it so why bother attitude". But the truth is that all the remarks was eating my up inside and was systematically breaking down my confidence. Everytime someone said something about my hair it felt like someone just gave me a punch in the stomch. Becasue of this i started wearing caps all day, everyday. This wasn't unusual for me, i've always loved wearing caps but after this, you NEVER saw me out in public without one.

Today I am 19, i've buzzed cut my hair because I felt like whatever i did i could never get a good haircut when i had medium long hair and i was tierd of always checking in the mirror so my bald spots didn't show to much. But I am still very concerned about what people think about my hairline. I feel like people are talking behind my back at school, talking about me being "bald" and ugly. I can't stand it but after years of faking that i don't care i've become very good at it, and i  think this is why people keep making remarks because they think that I don't mind. I have accepted my fate of going bald. The being completly bald part is actually something i look forward to. I just want to wait before i shave it all until i can grow a better beard and until i've become a bit older. It feels like I can't pull off a "bruce willis" at 19.

What do you guys think i should do. My confidence when talking to girls is zero thanks to my hair. Everytime i'm out in public i can decide if girls are looking at me because they think i look wierd or because they think i look good and confident. Believe it or not but I do very often get compliments about how confident they think I am, and how i am the most confident guy among my friends, even though this is just a charade, a mask i wear while i'm feeling like sh*t on the inside.

Any tips on how to feel better, anyone of you who have a similar experience as me/loosing their hair at such a young age. And most imporantly, what do you guys think i should do about my hair?

Have a great one and i'm looking forward to being a part of this forum!  :)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:29:25 PM by Cardelli »

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: started losing my hair at 15
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »
Shave it.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 05:01:24 PM »
Razor hit the nail on the head man. Go ahead and shave it off.  You'll look and feel a whole lot better.  Hair is something that does not need to be on a young man and I'm speaking also from a young man's point of view.  I'm 29 and I don't regret shaving it off.  If you shave, give it 30 days to get used to it.

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 05:16:20 PM »
Just wanted to add a photo of me having it shaved down to 1 mm, do you think this is a better look? (i usually don't keep it this short thanks to me being lazy)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:29:41 PM by Cardelli »

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »
It is better. You could definitely rock that. I'd still say completely shaved is your best case scenario but until you're comfortable going all the way, it looks good like it is.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:45:07 AM »
Yeah, the shorter cut is definitely better.  It doesn't look like you are trying to camouflage your receding hair line - it looks like; "I cut it this way because it looks good this way"! 

Don't let it get any longer than that, and, IMHO you should go ahead and take the razor to it.  You have a very masculine "look" already and the shaved head will really bring that out. 

Then go out and just enjoy the heck out of being 19!  NINETEEN - you are a good looking guy who has the confidence to choose to wear a shaved head - you have the world by the tail my friend!!!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:56:02 AM »
Welcome! The shorter cut is a BIG improvement!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 09:18:48 AM »
thanks for the replys and tips, i actually feel a bit better now :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:21:04 AM by Cardelli »

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »
Just wanted to add a photo of me having it shaved down to 1 mm, do you think this is a better look? (i usually don't keep it this short thanks to me being lazy)

I think you look good this way and should not be worried! if people think you are confident don't you think you should be confident anyway??  ;)

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 11:40:36 AM »

Never thought about it that wat before  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:30:13 PM by Cardelli »

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »
Went outside my comfortzone and completly took of the length on my trimmers. I love the feel qnd i like how it looks. But might be a while before i go 100% sly!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:30:26 PM by Cardelli »

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »
Went outside my comfortzone and completly took of the length on my trimmers. I love the feel qnd i like how it looks. But might be a while before i go 100% sly!

Wow Cardelli!! I didn't expect you to go ahead this way right now!!
Best compliment for the courage and for the look, you look great, better than in the other pics!

My advice: you are so close to shaven now that you should make the last step and go all the way!

It is just 1-2 days of regrowth to get back to your present hair lenght, you are already "high" so you just need that little bit of courage to go all the way!
Don't miss this chance, you are almost there!!
And if you don't like it you will be at this length again Monday in the morning...

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »
Not today my friend, not today... I usually do these kinds very spontaneous. Might be a couple of weeks before I shave it with a razor  :D

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 01:03:27 PM »
Hey, man, do it on your own terms...but it's good to see you're handling it well...Keep us posted and participate often!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 08:13:26 AM »
You look GREAT WITH THE SHAVE
GOOD FOR YOU
Enjoy the look and the feel