Author Topic: Bald men look better in sunglasses  (Read 46102 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Bald men look better in sunglasses
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:29:48 AM »
Well, atleast I think I look better in sunglasses now that I shave my head versus when I didn't.  Before I could never wear aviators and several other types of glasses.  Or atleast I didn't think I looked good in them.  Now that I shave my head I feel much more confident wearing several types of glasses.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bald men look better in sunglasses
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:10:42 PM »
i have trouble finding any that i like the way they look. any suggestions?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »
i have trouble finding any that i like the way they look. any suggestions?

I've read and been told several times that the type of glasses you wear depends on the shave of your face/head.  Because I have a round face, I typically wear very rectangular glasses; except for my aviators.  I now love sunglasses and have several pairs.  The three that I wear most are:

Arnette sunglasses for everyday wear.  They are sporty so I wear them a lot with jeans and t-shirts.  They kinda make me look mean.

Ralph Lauren rimless - these are what I wear when I'm dressed up.

Ray Ban Aviators - I wear these if I'm in Vegas or just in a fun mood.  They kinda make me look like a cop.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 03:34:17 PM »
i had some arnette "raven" but my wife said i look to mean in them. owell. i want another pair but can't find them.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »
I have the Arnette 3036

Continue to check out the different stores, including department stores.  I realized that I just had to start spending money on good glasses versus trying to find cheap glasses that looked good because I could never find a cheap pair that looked good.

Though, once you buy them, make sure to have a hard case with you and a cloth designed for cleaning glasses so you don't ruin the lenses.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:47:55 PM by Tyler »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:49:36 PM »
need to check those out. i like 'em.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 03:51:53 PM »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:55:24 PM »
I have one pair of shades for all occaisons. With flames on the side and everything.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:58:28 PM »
Yeah, I am a little extreme with the sunglasses.  Watches also.  Those are two things I like to buy.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »
I haven't bought a watch in I don't know how long. I have a very nice Montana Silversmith's watch with a bullrider on the face. An ex-girlfriend gave it to me, and it doesn't even work anymore.

I'll have to buy a new one if I get the CASH tat on the bottom of my left wrist.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 05:02:17 PM »
hey pigpen! you ride bulls?

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 05:06:19 PM »
I usta could. Got injured at work back in 2000 and haven't ridden since. I still have all of my gear though...chaps and stuff.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 05:14:12 PM »
i fought bulls for awhile. you know, cowboy protection. you guys are insane. i can't see tying myself to a bull. dancing with them, yes, but not riding. where did you ride?

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 05:18:55 PM »
Just local rodeos around New Mexico. Won a buckle at my first rodeo Labor Day weekend in '98. After that there it was a habit. First bull I rode, I ended up fracturing my wrist when I hit the ground. As tall as I am, most people told me I should be riding bareback...so I was just hell bent on proving them wrong. I had bullfighters save my hide more than once. Still managed to get stepped on every now and then, dashboarded a couple of times too.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 05:21:20 PM »
saved more than a few guys that were in those kinda binds, you know a guy named james pierce?