Author Topic: #1 BUZZ...How do you provide protection?  (Read 2846 times)

Offline beanerdawg

• Sly Guy in Training
#1 BUZZ...How do you provide protection?
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:45:25 AM »
Do I just rub lotion all over the tiny hairs and onto the scalp?

Offline AJB1015

• Sly Jr.
  • Somewhere in between BBC and BBG (bald by genes)
Re: #1 BUZZ...How do you provide protection?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
Yea thats what I do. It sounds weird, but it works. I even put sunscreen on my head with a  # 1 buzz. or just wear a hat if you're out in the sun too long

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
Another SBG had a good post about sun protection:

AgeTwentyTwoBaldy
 More sly than a fox
 Sly

Penn State's sly icon

Something I learned today
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually had the luxury of running into my town's dermatologist today at the grocery store. I told him that one of the things that I was going to buy today was sunscreen, and he actually offered to go to the aisle where the sunscreen products are and help me pick out one. He explained to me that any sunscreen with SPF 30 or better is fine as long as it offers broad spectrum protection (against both UVA and UVB rays) but the most important thing of all is that it must contain at least one of the following ingredients: Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, Sulisobenzone, Menthyl anthranilate, Zinc Oxide, or Titanium Dioxide. I found a very good SPF 50 sunscreen made by a company called Caribbean Blue that has more than one of these ingredients. He said it was a very good choice.

He also told me to remember to stay out of the sun between the hours of 10AM and 4PM if at all possible and to re-apply sunscreen every 2 hours if I'm going to be swimming for long periods of time and every 3 hours if I'm outside doing things like yard work, etc...

I just thought that I would share this information with you guys. Stay safe and healthy, my bald brothers.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »

Yes sir. That should do the deed just fine. Maybe use a little extra to make sure you bypass the hair, but that would be it.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »

Yes sir. That should do the deed just fine. Maybe use a little extra to make sure you bypass the hair, but that would be it.

+ 2 that's exactley what I used to do!
Lynchy

Enter your email address: