Author Topic: hello from los angeles...  (Read 9489 times)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Re: hello from los angeles...
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 07:23:25 AM »
Wow, another chicken breeder, thats awesome! I bred crele OEGB for awhile then took the dun gene from the OEGB into wyandotte bantams. I bred wyandotte bantams in dun, dun laced, black, silver laced, barred, dun barred, and white for close to 8 years. Im down to just whites for now. We also breed black, blue, and dun sumatra bantams and largefowl, phoenix bantams in white, silver, dun silver, gold, and light brown and still have a few of the original crele bantams. Plus we have amherst pheasants, silver pheasants, call ducks, and muscovies and some easter eggers and black sexlink makers.
 I have judged some shows with the oriental fowl such as shamos and asils being close to 4' tall, those were some amazing birds.
 What kind of coral tank do you have? I used to have softies with some chromis, damsels, and a zebra tang, flounder, and some others before I moved, the move was too hard on them so I sold them back to the store. Im hoping to get it restarted this fall.

Welcome to the forum, its always nice to have other breeders that actually know what Im talking about when I ramble on about chickens

Offline gumbii

• E-I-E-I-O
  • Sly Jr.
    • blog...
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »
:o I'm not sure I've ever seen a live chicken before. I assumed they all came from KFC :D

wut...?!¿

you've never held, pet or heard a chicken before...? they're awesome... especially when the roosters feed their hens... roosters are straight out gentlemen/pimps...

Welcome to the group amigo. I've always wanted to ask...what does ESE mean.?

hmm... i'm kind of not sure... but, ese means like... "that guy"... esa is "that girl" or "that woman"... i don't know why the cholo's started using it... i think they used to say ese wey... that really translates to "that dude"... it's somewhat of an insult because it also means "that male mule"... also, dude means mule i think... wait... does it...? i don't remember where i read that, but yeah, i'm pretty sure that's what it means...

well... i breed exhibition chickens for shows and stuff... i work with OEGB and now serama... i got rid of all my shamo... here are some of my birdies...

sorry for the cell phone pics...

Man, those are some very pretty birds. I used to look at them every year at the county fair. When my kids were little they would enter lots of animals in the fair. My boy was about 5 yoa he had a beautiful, big Rhode Island Red he entered for 3 years and finally the dog caught him and bit most of his feathers off. All of the hens laughed at him...bald ain't sexy in the chicken community. You do have some pretty birds and I can tell you put time and care into them. Buenas suerte!

thx... oh, that suxors about your kids bird... and yeah, i got out of the reef hobby right now to put more time into the chickens... i just have a couple of breeding programs right now... like two or three main ones...

Wow, another chicken breeder, thats awesome! I bred crele OEGB for awhile then took the dun gene from the OEGB into wyandotte bantams. I bred wyandotte bantams in dun, dun laced, black, silver laced, barred, dun barred, and white for close to 8 years. Im down to just whites for now. We also breed black, blue, and dun sumatra bantams and largefowl, phoenix bantams in white, silver, dun silver, gold, and light brown and still have a few of the original crele bantams. Plus we have amherst pheasants, silver pheasants, call ducks, and muscovies and some easter eggers and black sexlink makers.
 I have judged some shows with the oriental fowl such as shamos and asils being close to 4' tall, those were some amazing birds.
 What kind of coral tank do you have? I used to have softies with some chromis, damsels, and a zebra tang, flounder, and some others before I moved, the move was too hard on them so I sold them back to the store. Im hoping to get it restarted this fall.

Welcome to the forum, its always nice to have other breeders that actually know what Im talking about when I ramble on about chickens

no way... i want columbiant wyandotte bantams... they're so pimp... we breed OEGB in blue, self blue, fawn silver duckwing, mille fleur, porcelain, blue silver/gold duckwing, and this weekend i'm going to get silver laced OEGB... my projects are to produce SQ E/E fawn/dun, E/E platinum, blue laced silver, and eventually, cocopop... that's my main goal, but a huge project all together... it's partridge based, columbian, laced, melanized, fawn with platinum base...

this, but in OEGB form...

and wow, i want to get bantam sumatras... there aren't any over on my side of the states... or, if there are, i don't see any... LOL... let me know if you sell eggs... that would be dope... i'm on BYC too... mostly in the genetics section... i'm a nerd for that kind of stuff...

my reef tank was mixed reef... mostly SPS dominated... i don't know how it is where you're at, but over here it's all about limited edition corals... i had mostly all of them... ultra rare zoas like sopranos, utter chaos and sirene novas (before they melted in everyone's tank) but i was really into LPS like chalice and aussie euphilias... i didn't have a lot of fish... i just had a pair of naked clowns from ora, yellow tang, blue hippo tang, flame hawkfish and a rock blenny... my tank is almost gone, but the clowns are in my friend's tank... his tank is on youtube somewhere... let me find a link...

see if that works...

thanks for the welcome guys... this forum is tight...

Slynito

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 05:24:43 PM »
Ese...it's like saying dude, no? ¿Oye ese, Como te vas? ¡No tengo dinero, ese! ¡Ja, ja, ja!

$c#m

Offline gumbii

• E-I-E-I-O
  • Sly Jr.
    • blog...
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
Ese...it's like saying dude, no? ¿Oye ese, Como te vas? ¡No tengo dinero, ese! ¡Ja, ja, ja!

$c#m

pipipipipipipi...

no... the correct use of ese is "dame ese desarmador" or no te gusta esa camisa...?"

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 05:03:25 AM »
No tengo dinero..LOL...been there done that.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 05:07:42 AM »
I wish I could speak Spanish. The schools here generally only teach French, and I have no idea why, because you can only speak it in France and Canada and a few little islands in the Caribbean and Pacific, as as a couple of places in Africa nobody would ever really want to go to. Spanish is a beautiful language and far more widely spoken :D

Slynito

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »

[/quote]
pipipipipipipi...

no... the correct use of ese is "dame ese desarmador" or no te gusta esa camisa...?"
[/quote]

Claro que si...you are right, but Tom Gallagher was referring to LA/NYC Spanglish, no? I thought he was asking about what he's seen on tv cop shows... ¿de acuerda ese?

Offline gumbii

• E-I-E-I-O
  • Sly Jr.
    • blog...
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
I wish I could speak Spanish. The schools here generally only teach French, and I have no idea why, because you can only speak it in France and Canada and a few little islands in the Caribbean and Pacific, as as a couple of places in Africa nobody would ever really want to go to. Spanish is a beautiful language and far more widely spoken :D

i wish i knew a lot more spanish... or at least correct spanish... i can't talk to people from mexico because they say some rare and um... i don't know how to say it... like, every part of mexico has a slightly different dialect... and they use different words for different things... but it's pretty easy to understand and communicate with... but it just means i'm gonna look stupid when i talk in spanish...

but at least when i talk in spanish, i talk the respectful way... all of my friends don't know how to talk like that... but my father made a point that i speak to my elders correctly...

pipipipipipipi...

Claro que si...you are right, but Tom Gallagher was referring to LA/NYC Spanglish, no? I thought he was asking about what he's seen on tv cop shows... ¿de acuerda ese?

i said that's what they mean... it's short for "ese guey"... so they really mean dude... LOL...

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 12:48:37 PM »

pipipipipipipi...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Correcto mundo ESE.

Slynito

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »
iOye me ese! I'm glad we got that straight.iQue lo pase bien!(Have a good day!)

Offline gumbii

• E-I-E-I-O
  • Sly Jr.
    • blog...
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
INOHAW!!!...

Slynito

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 02:55:13 PM »
iQue wow! iDame abrazos fuertes!

O0

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »
iOye me ese! I'm glad we got that straight.iQue lo pase bien!(Have a good day!)

Que tengas un buen día mi amigo.

Offline gumbii

• E-I-E-I-O
  • Sly Jr.
    • blog...
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 12:16:50 AM »
LOL...

white people...

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
I have a whole list of projects planned, thinking about making dark wyandottes (think barnvelder color or dark cornish color) using partridge and gold laced and also the same but using silver. I have a goal to introduce lavender/self blue into wyandottes via cochins. When I do I have an awesome project planned using lav/split lav birds of various colors and patterns so by crossing a trio of birds I could get many colors and patterns. Basically a lavender double laced cock that is from a gold/silver mating on double laced hens, one gold and one silver that are split for lav but are khaki instead of black which would ideally give me half lavender laced birds, half dun laced birds that would be gold or silver and if still in the beginning of the project would throw single laced and pencilled. Its alot to ask for but I think it can be done. I have some other projects planned but havent put them to paper yet.
 Whats your user name on BYC? I am always in the genetics part as well, so many people with such simple questions. Are you on the-coop as well?

I am here in eastern Washington and sumatra bantams are somewhat popular up here. If youre ever up this way I could share some eggs, we dont like to ship often but could in the spring. Right now we have 3 black cocks, 4 blue hens, and 6 black hens plus some inbetween sized duns that will be working towards bantams in size.