Author Topic: Still on the fence?  (Read 131314 times)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Still on the fence?
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2014, 05:36:05 AM »
It's a great feeling when you takes matters into your own hands. You'll never have to worry about hair out of place, the never ending changing hairline, the wondering if other people are noticing the hair loss, etc.  Sly looks consistently good. 

Like you, I didn't realize the extensiveness of my balding until I saw a photo of me from above.  The bald spot on the top of my head, which I didn't know was there and couldn't even feel, freaked me out and that was the beginning of my shaving, too!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2014, 11:37:30 AM »
I'm glad you are liking your new look! I thought shaving my head was going to be a one time thing, it's been 7 months for me, and I still look forward to the daily shave, and love the look and feel. I still look in the mirror sometimes and wonder who that bald guy is.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »
What most people don't realize is that it is much easier to shave your head than it is to shave your face.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »
Bald is great. I enjoy the feel and the look.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2014, 05:53:16 AM »
I love being sly. It was a good change for me.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2014, 02:26:57 AM »
Not sure if I've posted already Razor X but nice post, so true. I relate to a lot of what you say. Straight to the top of the class.

Offline Dapperskin

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
I started shaving my head in September, but I was afarid it looked bad so I ended up growing it back out again. Im thinking of trying again thank you guys for the encouragement.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2014, 02:22:05 PM »
I started shaving my head in September, but I was afarid it looked bad so I ended up growing it back out again. Im thinking of trying again thank you guys for the encouragement.

Sometimes it takes a couple of trial runs before we adopt the look permanently.  It did for me. I liked it the first time I shaved, but I felt self-conscious about it. I also think that I knew on a subconscious level that I kept the look for 30 days or so that there would be no going back (and there wasn't).  I let the fear of making a long-term change hold me back.  Like most of the guys here, my only regret is not having done it sooner.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2014, 05:44:17 PM »
Jdon, I think the beard and shaved head combo looks very nice on you.  I wouldn't hesitate to return to it.

Offline Dapperskin

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2014, 12:49:43 AM »
Jdon, I think the beard and shaved head combo looks very nice on you.  I wouldn't hesitate to return to it.

Thank you tobler, i think i'm going to return to it, i enjoyed the shaving part and i enjoyed not having to worry about how i look when i wake up.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2014, 08:33:14 AM »
I'm totally with you, jdon.  I enjoy my shaves and find them quite relaxing.  And it's fantastic never having bad hair days again...

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »
Go for it!  Stick to the 30 day challenge and you'll find that you will like it.  Grow the beard thicker and you'll have a winning combination!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2014, 11:33:16 AM »
Let your beard gain some length and keep the head shaved - its an good look, and easy to maintain.
SlyBeard

Offline LordSnoww

« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2015, 02:15:12 PM »
First off let me say that I am happy I found a site like this. I have been reading through the forum for some time and it has helped ease my sudden loss of confidence with my thinning out/balding head.

Since this is my first post here I feel like some background on myself is necessary. I am 23 years old and I have been slowly losing my hair over the past few years. But within the past year I have been losing it more rapidly as photos of myself over time serve as a documentation of the progress.

Over several weeks I just kept telling myself to just have it off already and I eventually did down to a three. Yet that only made it much worse as it is now more obvious that I am thinning out noticeably in the front and some in the back. To make matters worse I keep trying to boost my self confidence by thinking I can rock the shaved head look yet everyone I've admitted this to, more or less, tells me the opposite.

I've never really been that self conscious about my hair loss since I've been chalking it up to that its genetics and there isn't much I can do about it at this point yet now that it has become impossible to hide I have become extremely self conscious. I know I shouldn't be because I've had several friends face this issue which for them become unnoticeable because they become confident in themselves despite struggling with the same issue. Yet I am having a lot of trouble doing the same.

At this point my self consciousness has been high because of the recent decision I have made. I do have good sprees of just thinking 'oh who cares anyway' yet I always randomly will go back to being very self conscious again.

I know I am moving in the right direction but does anyone have some advice for someone in my position?

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
Razor,your posts on dealing with hair loss are great. They sure helped meal of and I am sure that they will help others. Thanks again.

Enter your email address: