Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead  (Read 14908 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Osama bin Laden dead
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
Thoughts on the military completing the mission on this high profile target?

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Osama bin Laden dead
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »
I am not going to start dancing in the streets just yet. If Bin Laden was, in fact, killed by a SEAL team in a shootout he is now a martyr. This could lead to yet another massive retaliation here at home and I am sure that the wheels are already turning in that direction.

Don't get me wrong, waxing his ass is exactly what needed to be done. The war gods were definitely smiling upon those shooters on this day. I'm just saying that all the celebration being done here at home may be a bit premature.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:33:57 AM by buddha »
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:42:05 AM »
Wait...Our president said he wasn't a Muslim, but he was buried at sea in accordance with Muslim law?   ???

I agree 100% with Buddha

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:56 AM »
I guess the moral of the story is don't piss off the USA because they will get you in the end.

Offline Arnie

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 07:53:47 AM »

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:03:20 AM »
I understand that Navy Seal Team Six was involved. That's a tough bunch of cookies.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »
My first reaction was this......

Why would the US dump the body of one of the most wanted men in the history of the world into the Ocean almost immediately after killing him. I'm not so sure he is dead. I believe we have him..... I'm just not sure he's dead.
WHen I see real photos of the corpse with the hole in the head I'll believe it.

Does anyone else think it's odd that no photos have been made public? When Hussein was killed photos showed up almost immediately.

Either way... dead or in custody and being tortured..... I'm glad we got the bastard.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »
First thought last evening when we got home from a party and heard--glad, glad in the sense of revenge, but almost at the same moment aprehension that the organization will attempt to extract another pound of flesh and worry that the "brains" Al  Zawahiri will be able to maintain the organization.  But, it is a very important step.  Then, the disposal of the body, that may cause a lot of talk but I think it not only happened but because they had a Muslim on board the ship to perform the necessary rituals, it had been thought out and provided for.  Although the Wahabi sect doesn't mark graves at all, there is always a possibility that the location could become a shrine for pilgrimage somehow.  Cremation would not have been acceptable either--so although not perfect, and nothing ever is--the at sea burial is the best of bad choices.  The existance of DNA testing was impressive, further evidence how well thought out this was.  It wasn't a sure thing, but it worked.  Now we have to ride out the rough piece ahead and hope and work for the best.  I was also impressed by interviews on the evening news with young people in the Arab world, they are much more impressed with the actions of other young people in Tunisia and Eygpt where action not terrorism has started the process of change--and change without mindless violence.  Interesting times to say the least.  Now I hope to hear that  Zawahiri has been eliminated--then I will feel even better.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »
My first reaction was this......

Why would the US dump the body of one of the most wanted men in the history of the world into the Ocean almost immediately after killing him. I'm not so sure he is dead. I believe we have him..... I'm just not sure he's dead.
WHen I see real photos of the corpse with the hole in the head I'll believe it.

Does anyone else think it's odd that no photos have been made public? When Hussein was killed photos showed up almost immediately.

Either way... dead or in custody and being tortured..... I'm glad we got the bastard.

These were my thoughts exactly.  When Saddam's sons were killed, the bodies were touched up by a mortician and put on public display so nobody could say that it didn't really happen.  We may have been told the truth, but he way it was conducted makes it look like they're hiding something.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »
It is a great day for us AMERICANS. 10 years of tracking this ass ho** and now he has his 72 virgins. Also lets hear it for the interrogation methods used to get the name of his ''courier''. The CIA and of course the NAVY SEALS are outstanding.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »
There are going to be numerous speculations why he was ordered to be thrown out to sea as chum, the only reason I would see this being the directive is that there isn't any "terrorist" shrine if he would be buried in the ground, Saddam's son's where tore up after taking contact by large munitions where they died from initial impact. The reason that the photo's of Osama haven't been released is my guess that the D.O.D. is deciding that if the photos of Osama are to graphic since he took a round in the orbital cavity which leaves the wound channel very big and very messy.

I'm under quite certainty that this wasn't any ploy and that the op order is in fact real, there are way to many conspiracy theorists  and armchair quarterbacks *for the record, I'm not calling anyone here those things* that can't look down the light at the end of the tunnel and see what lies there, straight intentions for once and too never give up and make sure when you're ready strike never show anyone your royal flush. I also don't think that Obama would use or mention such coveted and discrectionary units like DevGru ( ST6 ) or SAD ( CIA paramilitary ) for a fabricated ploy, the Seals have to way too much wrapped in there history on the battlefield and despite Obama's left views I know he holds and respects our Military in the highest regards to exploit them in such a manner.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:29:27 PM by RyanJP »

Offline Arnie

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
I agree with what saintc said...

At first I thought the burial at sea was not good, but after thinking about it most of the day, "it is the best of bad choices"...

It gave "them" no time to squabble about it now, but only react.  I'm confident that there will be documented evidence "above our pay grade" to confirm that the burial was carried out correctly.  Similar to the Soviets burial after Project Azorian.

They already named the ship, USS Carl Vinson...no need to go that far publicly if it weren't true.  I'm sure the crew probably wasn't aware of what was going on, but knew something was going on.  Now it correlates to the news.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:05 AM »
I don't care if the photos are graphic... they need to be made public. Nothing was more graphic to me in this war than Zawahiri beheading Daniel Pearl on video for the world to see. Tit-for-tat where I come from.

And who the Hell is Der Speigel to think they can question the legality of the USA killing OBL??? Screw them too.

Post the photos so the rest of the world knows that if you screw with us you will wind up like OBL.

Also.......... tell Pakistan they will NEVER get another cent of aid from us and that they are lucky we don't blow their asses off the face of the earth too. They hid that bastard for at least 6 years. Ally my ass.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
Amen on that Mike! Let's see that evil sucker dead. Did any of you close your eyes when you saw the people jumping out of the World Trade Center towers!?   :/O

A big thumbs up to our military forces, you guys are the best!   O0 O0
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:24:15 PM by xnewyawka »

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 02:57:35 PM »
Mike I agree with you 100 percent, Daniel was a fellow Stanford member and student and what happened to him was beyond horrific....I think the Photo's need to be made public, this way that there's proof, I'm sure Al Qaeda will find something like that was an actor just looked like OBL....pic of his head getting a cranial lobotomy and daylight in the backside of his head and the a photo of his whole profile from head to toe...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:27:12 PM by RyanJP »