Author Topic: I'm home for now.  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Jtro

• Sly Jr.
  • 3/26/09 first ever razor shave
Re: I'm home for now.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 01:52:34 AM »
Hey guys real quick! thanks to you all! my nick name still stand here, Que... Que ball! my nice shiny bald head certainly stands out around here! I shot a high expert during recruit training... let me tell you I had my SDI tugging on my ears every time I shot... He was trying to ruin my concentration... I think my ears stretched about 6" during the time on the Island.LOL. I did notice that the shorter and smaller recruits did somewhat better in the PT, but not all the time did the little ones be favored! When I arrived I was somewhat nervous and kinda liked it... but It was not my time to be picked on... When my time came I was very very sorry that I'd ever thought I liked recruit training!! ya know I get picked on for having a bald head alot in the military... It does not bother me in the least bit but hey, what can ya do right? take care gentlemen! hope to talk with ya soon!

Jeremy
show me your war face!

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 10:09:05 PM »
10 years down the road you'll look at all the stuff that you went through in Boot and laugh.....trust me.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:31:46 PM by RyanJP »

jrppsuobx

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
Welcome home and thanks for your service!!!!!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 04:55:04 PM »
Good to have you back home. Thanks for your service
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
Jeremy, thank you for your service!  Some day you will look back on these "fond" memories.  The not so great stuff will fade with time, but the better stuff has a way of sticking in your head...at least it did for me!  Keep your head down and God's speed to you!   O0

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
A confession,  I was in the delayed enlistment program for the Navy to become an enlisted nuclear propolsion engineer, they offered me a sign on bonus and accelerated advancement to Chief Petty Officer.  I dodged signing the actual enlistment contract.  As a result many times I regret that I did not go.  Every time I see a sailor during Fleet week I say what if that was me.

Fred

i salute the Marines, soldiers, airman, and coast guard cutters,  its dangerious work but they wear the uniforms with pride and when they return to civilian life they have skills that you cannot learn in any classroom.  Nobody messes with Navy Seals they are supermen!!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 02:19:21 PM »
Welcome home and Semper Fi!

When someone comments on your bald head tell them that you are defining a new level of "high & tight"! :*))

Just remember two things... NEVER quit and God forbid you ever get wounded... You don't have to die! 

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith