Author Topic: pale head  (Read 17829 times)

Offline EkEkEkEk

• Sly Guy in Training
pale head
« on: February 12, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »
what should i do about my pale ass snow white scalp after i shave? go tanning? last night i was giving myself another consultation in the mirror and i was really getting excited about shaving when i noticed that my head is almost bone white.  what to do?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: pale head
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:47:11 AM »
what should i do about my pale ass snow white scalp after i shave? go tanning? last night i was giving myself another consultation in the mirror and i was really getting excited about shaving when i noticed that my head is almost bone white.  what to do?

I don't think you'll have as pale of a head as you think when you get done shaving.  Especially if you have darker hair now.  Though, if you do, getting a tan is overall the best way to give your head more color.  I think plenty of the guys have determined that the tanning lotions aren't as effective on the head.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »
The pale look is a problem for many guys when they first shave.  I did mine in the summer and a few days in the sun evened things up.  Don't let the pale deter you though, it will blend by itself after a while.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:00:49 PM »
Little recommendation: USE SUNSCREEN!!!  I shaved once in Highschool, before I was really able to adopt the style.  MY SCALP SUNBURNED, I regrew my hair after that and had Dandruff for a solid two three weeks, I was still a little flaky going a month and a half after.  I recommend HeadShade.  The SPF 15 will protect against burning, and it will also allow for your scalp to take color... DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH A HIGHER SPF OF  25 IF YOU WANT TO GAIN COLOR.  I have had to use SPF 50 in the past, and that took me a few weeks to finally even out in color. 
Peace

Offline baldhog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
I tried some fake tan lotion on my head once and it was a disaster. It somehow got all over my white t-shirt and didn't really work. It was also kind of an orangey color.  Lame.  If you get some sun on it it will look fine.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »
I tried it once. I glowed in the dark for days.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »
I tried it once. I glowed in the dark for days.

:*)) :*)) !d3@
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »
The sunless tanning lotion has been an interesting disappointment for me.

I've tried 3 different kinds (at some expense).

It works fine on the face and receding forehead area (areas accustom to sun exposure) but not the pale shadow.

Perhaps after more natural sun exposure....

So far the best mitigator of the pale shadow is careful exposure to REAL SUNSHINE (even better than the tanning booth).

I can last an hour before I start to burn....then it's time to slap at least some 15 up there.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 07:25:47 PM »
Brother, it may take some time [hell, it took my dome a good two or so weeks to color match the rest of my head], But I am telling you that the best way is what everyone else has already recommended: CAREFUL EXPOSURE TO THE SUN.  It gives the most natural color, it will match perfect with your face, and Like I said earlier, if your smart about it you can avoid the terror of Burning [recommend sunscreen for any exposure to the sun longer than a half hour-45 minutes]. 

We spend enough on shaving supplies for our domes, might as well not get ripped for a fake tan that makes your head color match a Basketball (But ha, it is NCAA season!  it could work! :px)
Peace

Enter your email address: