Author Topic: Sick because of a Buzzcut  (Read 5055 times)

Ethan

Sick because of a Buzzcut
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:40:24 AM »
I got headaches because of my buzzcut.
I'm not used to exposing my head skin to the cold air and when i did i got real bad headaches and don't want to hide my head under a hat.

So what do i do ? will my head get used to the weather ?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Sick because of a Buzzcut
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »
You just took off your fur coat. A hat is going to be a good friend for a while until the nerves on that newly exposed skin become accustomed to feeling more than your hair.

I shaved in January, and had a supply of beanies/ski caps on hand wherever I went. Even the feeling of a breeze tickled my scalp for a few months. The skin does toughen up.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 04:15:54 AM »
I'll jump in with CaveDweller's comments. I too, first shaved my head in January. I did not have issues with cold related headaches, but certainly during the initial period of adjustment to shaved or very short hair, the use of a cap would be recommended, even if you don't normally like hats.

I suspect that you will adapt and get used to the change of temperature and the use of a hat will be quite temporary.  I used to live in Alaska. I moved there from Michigan. The day I arrived, it was -50F.  Sure it was cold. I put on may layers.  As I got used to the cold, there were less layers.  Then many years later moved to North Carolina.  Wow it felt HOT, but I've adjusted to that, too, and now feel very cold at 40F.  You get used to temperature changes. 

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »
I first shaved my head in December and I'm in the UK, so it was certainly chilly, but you do get used to it.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 09:30:05 AM »
I get headaches easily from wearing caps or shades, but I have never had one I associated due to the weather on my head.  I suspect in time you will adjust to the difference.  If you have started wearing a cap, that may be the issue.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: