Author Topic: Will head tan in winter?  (Read 4856 times)

Offline 2Young4This

• Learning the way of Sly
Will head tan in winter?
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »
Hey  everyone!

So I am considering shaving my head for the first time in around two weeks when I'm off of school for the winter break. However, I'm curious about two things. First, will my head colour tan to the same colour of my face with the weaker winter sun? I don't want to shave my head during the winter if my head colour won't adapt the same as my face, so I'm curious how long you think it will take for this to happen when we have very cold winters here with little bright sun. Also, with my hair I generally have a flaky scalp. I don't know if I would call it dandruff, but I use a particular comb to try and clean my scalp of flakes every other day. Will this still be the case after I shave my head down very close to the skin? Or will this cause the problem to go away?

Thanks for any info :)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Will head tan in winter?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 09:19:35 AM »
 Once shaved, the fresh skin will naturally adapt to the same color as the rest of your skin.  If it is already winter where you are your non-hairy skin is already losing its tan, so it won't take much for the fresh skin to come up to the same color. So, it will actually take less time in Winter than in Summer.  I would think that it would take about 3-5 days maximum.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »
And, to answer your second question, the flaking will most likely disappear if you go sly. Serious, chronic dandruff is one reason why I started shaving my head. As soon as I got rid of my hair I got rid of the dandruff as well.
Hair is over rated.

Offline SWvic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »
Yeah it should tan in Winter.  I shaved my head for the first time in Winter and it took me just under 2 weeks.  Probably a big ask in Canada, but try not to wear a beanie  O0

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »
I concur with what Hingatao says. I used to have a bit of dandruff but now that I shave and moisturise my head almost daily the dry skin I had on my head is no longer a problem. One of many positive points to being sly!