Author Topic: scrub for head?  (Read 22284 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: scrub for head?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
Try a loofah sponge pad, at Wal-Mart, less than $3.  Then you can use any cleanser that your skin doesn't have a problem with.  Go gentle at first, but it gives a great scrub and leaves the stubble ready for mowing. 

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »
What is Ming missing?  A "scrub" for the head?  Maybe the "Imperial Dome" is something special, but Ming finds that a shower and shave leaves the scalp just fine for whatever time passes before the next S&S.  A touch of Headblade "Glossy" when splendorshine is needed--the only addition Ming deems necessary to his majesty. 

So, tell Ming, SBG's, "What's the point of a scrub?"

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
I've been using Gillette Fusion ProSeries Thermal Face Scrub only when necessary. No walnuts as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:05:41 PM by BaldWriterBob »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 04:03:19 PM »
What is Ming missing?  A "scrub" for the head?  Maybe the "Imperial Dome" is something special, but Ming finds that a shower and shave leaves the scalp just fine for whatever time passes before the next S&S.  A touch of Headblade "Glossy" when splendorshine is needed--the only addition Ming deems necessary to his majesty. 

So, tell Ming, SBG's, "What's the point of a scrub?"

Scrub is good if you have excess flaking other than that I don't use it.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I've noticed lately that my wife now uses it too. We need to start stocking up I guess.
TheBBQGuy

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »
Gillette has a pre-shave scrub it warms the pores and fells great. check the list and be safe.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 05:48:23 AM »
Bald Guyz Pre-Shave Scrub is back. Natural silica and fruit enzymes gently exfoliate the skin of the head and face preparing you for that amazingly close shave. We DO NOT use walnut shells, apricot pits or anything that "scratches" the skin. In addition to removing the dead skin cells our scrub softens the stubble for a closer shave. While there are other scrubs, we believe that you will find Bald Guyz to be one of the best. Remember a little bit goes a long way!

Here is a special offer for SBG members, use coupon code SCRUB 11 and we will give you a $5.00 discount when buying our Pre-Shave Scrub. Remember it's all about the right ingredients that come together to provide the best care for the sensitive skin of the head. 

Click on this link http://www.baldguyshopz.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=2.

HBG

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 06:27:08 AM »
I've recently been using 'The real Shaving Co' daily facial scrub.  Its really good, and has a nice smell into the bargain.  Its quite 'rough' - more gritty than Gillette, which i also use from time to time, but it seems to really suit my skin. (I have real sensitive skin!).

The bonus is that it's only £1.00 to buy in 'Poundland' stores.  Don't know if its available in US though. 8)

BaldBradley

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »
I use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, its pretty cheap (only like $2.79) and it seems to do the trick. Just make sure you wash it all out though.

Offline IK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »
I've recently been using 'The real Shaving Co' daily facial scrub.  Its really good, and has a nice smell into the bargain.  Its quite 'rough' - more gritty than Gillette, which i also use from time to time, but it seems to really suit my skin. (I have real sensitive skin!).

The bonus is that it's only £1.00 to buy in 'Poundland' stores.  Don't know if its available in US though. 8)

I think I may just follow you around Rob!  :*)) That is a great suggestion and never thought of looking there!

I would also like to bring up again though that I don't know what the point of scrub is... Anyone? Does it help with a closer shave? Should you use it every day? I am learning more and more from this site, but it's interesting that my brother gets a really nice close shave, no irritation and no nicks and he uses a 2p disposable razor, and has been using it for MONTHS, and uses NO other products. No scrub, no after shave balm or moisturiser, no sun protection on a daily basis, no shaving foam, etc etc etc... Nothing!

Is it just that my head isn't used to being shaved yet, and it will eventually 'toughen up'?

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 04:49:56 AM »
the scrub helps remove dead skin layers and to soften the skin and hairs and prep it for a shave.

the point to after shave balms is to closes the pores and clean them out.
the point to sun screen the title says it all.
when to use is determined by your own skin.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline Baldandbeautiful

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 05:37:23 AM »
Before I jump into the shower, I use Dove for men face wash on my dome. (Hey it's skin might as well) then I jump in shave and just pour  some cold water over my scalp. Keeps it nice and smooth and keeps my scalp from drying out too much.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I've noticed lately that my wife now uses it too. We need to start stocking up I guess.

Is she bald too!!! lol

Anyway, why use a scrub guys? What does it do? Ta

Beachtuna

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 07:25:39 PM »

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 08:03:32 AM »
About once a week or so, I use HeadShed by HeadBlade (in the shower, just before I shave).

Enter your email address: