Author Topic: Lurkers & Fencers with combovers--it's a health issue not just vanity  (Read 2192 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
As most of the regular guys, lurkers and fencers know I have a lot of skin issues--particularly I think I hold the site record for skin cancers--all successfully removed, thank God. 
The purpose of this post is to point out to the guys who are lurking and fencers who have combovers, carefully arranged and sprayed down, that your consideration of a sly life style could be a life saver for you.  As you combovers know, there is rarely a place for sunscreens, much less hats in the combover lifestyle.  The first would flatten the hair and make the bald spots more apparent, and hats--well they would crush and move all those carefully arranged hairs out of place.  Result, like me, you probably have had numerous sunburns and irritated scalps after playing golf, working in the yard, really just any outside activity in the sun.  They hurt, but we still persist in the combover, while some are thinking, ditch it and shave for the sake of vanity but fail to move on the idea.  Well it's more than vanity, a lot more.  All that sun irritation to the increasingly large areas of bare unprotected skin is potentially setting the stage for pre-cancerous lesions, even skin cancer.  That is just a fact guys.
While you consider and dither over whether you have the right shaped head, whether your family and friends will accept the sly look, all the excuses in the book, the sun is continuing to damage your ever larger areas of bare skin on your scalp and that can result in damage.  The ONLY way is to get some sunscreen on that skin, and the best way to do that is shave the dying, life-threatening mop off.  You can even wear hats without any worry.  The sooner you get rid of it the sooner you can stop the damage.  This is real guys, it's not a "How you look in the mirror?" issue, it could, at worst, be and issue of what you'll look like after a serious run-in w/ skin cancer, or worse. 
My advice, get it off, it threatens your life.  This is beyond vanity.  This is sanity--and it's easy,  relatively cheap and you can reduce your chances of becoming a cancer statistic. 
If I had shaved my head 15 years ago, my bet is I would not have ten 1/4" to 1/2" red welts where the lesions were frozen off that I have today.  Delay can be deadly. And I would have saved al lot of anxiety to boot.