Author Topic: Superbowl 51  (Read 13702 times)

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
Re: Superbowl 51
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »
Being British I've got to root for the underdogs, but I really just want an entertaining game.

When I was growing up in 1970's London we got to see the highlights of 1 game a year - the Superbowl.  The first game I remember was won by the Dolphins.  The next year was won by the Steelers.  The third year the Steelers were back.  At this time in my life I'd heard of 4 teams and seen one of them lose twice.  The Steelers beat the Cowboys and I've been a fan since.

I was hoping the Cowboys would face the Pats for the Superbowl. I'm also a Cowboys fan. Now that would have been an entertaining game!

I'm sure the TV ratings would have been through the roof for that one!

;D !

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »
Unbelievable game!! Superbowl Champs again, chyeahhh!!!!! New England Strong!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 01:21:10 AM »

Congrats to you, Big Ken and all of the other Patriots fans. Love them or hate them, you can't deny Brady and Belichick's greatness....A 25 point lead though....No excuse for that. None whatsoever. I had a few people delete me on Facebook because I told them that some Saints fans were acting like six year olds with their "nanny nanny boo boo" attitudes over the Falcons' loss. No big deal, they were people I didn't particularly care to associate with anyway.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »

Congrats to you, Big Ken and all of the other Patriots fans. Love them or hate them, you can't deny Brady and Belichick's greatness....A 25 point lead though....No excuse for that. None whatsoever. I had a few people delete me on Facebook because I told them that some Saints fans were acting like six year olds with their "nanny nanny boo boo" attitudes over the Falcons' loss. No big deal, they were people I didn't particularly care to associate with anyway.

Thank you so much Harry! :) O0 The comeback was nothing like I've ever seen before! :o I give huge props to Atlanta though for their effort; they played hard! They also weren't sore losers, which I appreciate.

I think it's really stupid you would get deleted for calling out folks on their immaturity. Those that deleted you showed their true colors. My Facebook friends are limited to family and actual friends, so I don't have to worry about bs like that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:15:53 PM by BigKen »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »
Think Grizzard's column from the 1984 Georgia Tech - Georgia game sums it up ...

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
Pats. The other 31 teams generally always suck, esp the Eagles.