Author Topic: How do you get rid of that ugly 5 oclock shadow?  (Read 4948 times)

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
How do you get rid of that ugly 5 oclock shadow?
« on: August 27, 2016, 10:54:34 PM »
seriously my head looks ok in the sunlight the shadow isnt noticeable but inside it looks HORRIBLE and its also extremely shiney which makes it look just strange... i love the bald look but this 5 oclock shadow just drives me nuts i tried waxing my head with strips and nothing came out ive called like 50 lazer treatment places none do it on scalp.. i might have to resort to creams that kill the hair follicle

anyone have tips? this is really getting on my nerves

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:03:02 AM by garrett123 »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How do you get rid of that ugly 5 oclock shadow?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 06:33:43 AM »
There's really nothing you can do.  It it's any consolation, the rest of the world doesn't notice your shadow as much as you do.

I'm not aware of any creams that kill hair follicles and at your age, you really shouldn't be looking to make permanent changes like that.   There may come a time when you no longer want to be bald.  It's nice to have he option to grow some hair if that happens.  Meanwhile, keep on rocking that shaved head and don't worry about the shadow.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 08:06:55 AM »
I like the shadow, it say I'm not bald, but bald by choice.

If it really bothers you that much, I'm sure there is a foundation or makeup available. I see alot of guys on tv that are BBC, but no shadow visible.

Or, wait until your hair turns white like mine, no shadow at all!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »
Your making a fuss about nothing. Looks good both ways.  If on occasion you need to ,shave again later in the day.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »
Yea, losing battle for something that is barely noticeable.  The only suggestion I can make (and highly advise all shavers of any sort) is to switch to a double edge safety razor.  This does not eliminate your natural shadow but it gives you a closer more comfortable shave that will LAST longer which will buy you an extra 2-4 hrs daily before a noticeable shadow returns.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 10:08:58 PM »
thanks everyone for their info i have to shave my head due to a receeding hairline at a very young age... i actually love the loook... but 1 area that doesnt have a shadow then rest has a shadow just looks weird im tryin to perma remove the hair so it never grows again so i dont have to deal with the line shdow of my receeding hair line... but sadly i cant find anything to kill the hair follicle other then lazer but like i said ive contacted over 50 places and none do it for scalp which is weird and makes no sense

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 03:28:53 AM »
I also have trouble with my shadow.

I just shave again in the evening.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Enter your email address: