Author Topic: Bald Man Laws  (Read 99180 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Bald Man Laws
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 09:22:03 AM »
why cover your slyness though?  I want to show it off, I only cover when it's cold.  p!m*

Just as a cool accessory, Laddy ....something to absorb/wick sweat when working out.

By the way, 'tis 18* F outside here in Denver right now   (*!@ (*!@

P.S.  I hope "Laddy" isn't a demeaning term for a strapping, well grounded SlyGuy such as yourself.  Just trying to come up with something Irish.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:26:28 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2007, 09:28:27 AM »
Ok, makes sense. I prefer to go "naked" ... though something to catch the sweat when working out would be useful ... if I ever work out again  :-[
What do you do, pump iron, circuit training, other sports?

P.S.  I hope "Laddy" isn't a demeaning term for a strapping, well grounded SlyGuy such as yourself.  Just trying to come up with something Irish.

not at all!   :*))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:33:56 AM by Blagadán »

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2007, 03:16:17 PM »

As for doo rags, there are several reasons guys wear them...

I just ain't up on the headwear lingo......is this a "doo rag"?

If so....I think these are cool....this is one of the first "coverings" that came to mind when I was thinking of going Sly.  Seems like they'd be good for working out as well.

$#!zzle
bald for life

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »
 O0 h3ry3  I think we need to have an official Bald Man Laws document, possibly pocket sized, so that when we see a person with a bad combover or tupee we could hand them one as a way of enforceing the law and to spread the word. Of course it would also have to have the Sly Bald Guys logo and website address on it to point them in the right direction.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 03:31:47 PM »
O0 h3ry3  I think we need to have an official Bald Man Laws document, possibly pocket sized, so that when we see a person with a bad combover or tupee we could hand them one as a way of enforceing the law and to spread the word. Of course it would also have to have the Sly Bald Guys logo and website address on it to point them in the right direction.

maybe on the back of a business card?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »

maybe on the back of a business card?
Yeh that's it!!!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007, 05:35:08 PM »

What do you do, pump iron, circuit training, other sports?

W3!ght!i#tb!3r

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2007, 10:32:33 PM »
No there is no stress in always having to use a toupee as a cover up.Sometimes it's easier to just go natural and sometimes I miss hair and prefer to wear it when I do.I'm a very versatile person.I get tired of sticking with one look all the time.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2007, 10:42:13 PM »
No there is no stress in always having to use a toupee as a cover up.Sometimes it's easier to just go natural and sometimes I miss hair and prefer to wear it when I do.I'm a very versatile person.I get tired of sticking with one look all the time.

i am versatile too. sometimes i use matte finish and sometimes i use glossy. sometimes i wear skull caps, sometimes i don't. if you are comfy with your hairpiece, then wear it. just don't get defensive about everything. this is a positive place to hang out. nobody wants to deal with people getting upset. we all joke with each other alot. most of us have embraced our bald look and love it(all the time). but the diversity is what makes this site so great. if anyone has a problem with someone else they are welcome to pm one of the moderators or tyler. the problem will be solved without everyone getting their panties in a knot (know offense magma). this post may sound harsh but it is not intended to be that way. simply blunt and to the point. thank you,
                                                  PAUL

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 12:19:15 AM »
 :px :px :px   :popo
 I think the site name is pretty clear. Sly Bald Guys.  Two adjectives describing the one noun.

Obviously everyone is welcome, look at Rob.  Sly bald guys is here for sly bald guys.  The solution that is common for the group is to embraces the baldness and regain the power.  The idea a toupee here with this group of guys embracing their baldness must can not rank very high on the scores.
 @c3
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 05:50:43 AM »
W3!ght!i#tb!3r

I work on my biceps a lot  ... ahem ... b!3r

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 03:15:03 PM »
one who is bald and does decided to grow ones hair as a donation to benifit those who are not able to grow hair ..should not be looked down at or frowned upon....I know several people who do this..they grow there hair to donate for a good cause...and no they do not get any money or compensation for it...
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 03:28:21 PM »
one who is bald and does decided to grow ones hair as a donation to benifit those who are not able to grow hair ..should not be looked down at or frowned upon....I know several people who do this..they grow there hair to donate for a good cause...and no they do not get any money or compensation for it...

I completely agree!  Especially if they are doing it for charity events such as St. Baldricks! O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 11:03:11 PM »
Nicely said.Thanks for the input.I just wanted to let you know how I feel about things.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 11:04:58 PM »

I completely agree!  Especially if they are doing it for charity events such as St. Baldricks! O0

that is the only way i'd ever grow back hair, is to shave it for charity or like our church auction.   And I too think it's way cool.
bald for life