Author Topic: Oily Head  (Read 27597 times)

Offline M.D.RN

• Learning the way of Sly
Oily Head
« on: November 13, 2006, 03:37:04 AM »
My name is Mike and I've been shaving my head for 2 years now.  I like the way it feels right after I shave it, but in a couple of hours, it feels oily and really shiny.  Is there anything out there I can use to get rid of the oily feeling and not make my head so shiny?

Thank you, thank you very much!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Oily Head
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »
Mike! Welcome to the forum first of all. My recommendation would be to check out the HeadBlade products if you haven't already. Personally I use the HeadLube Matte finish and it works quite well.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »
You could also try a very light coat of baby powder on your head.  Don't use too much because it could give you a pale look, but just a light coat to help absorb the moisture.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 03:37:38 PM »
Another thing you can do is not use anything and keey a bandana in your back pocket. Just wipe your head if it feels sweaty or greasy. It also works if your at a club and get sweaty.

Offline jseger11

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/jeff52574
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:24:49 AM »
Hey Mike I have had the same problem with my skin. My forehead, face, and back of my neck and ears has been especially oily for years. I found that when I started taking a Fish Oil supplement within 2 weeks my skin was no longer oily.

It could just be my body and metabolism...I don't know for sure? I take 1000 mg 2x daily and my skin is no longer shiny or oily. The prices on Fish Oil capsules can vary greatly. You can buy some real cheap stuff at Walmart or Target and I have found it doesn't really cure the oily skin. I then found another relatively inexpensive brand in my local supermarket and made by Spectrum Organic Products that is mercury free and works great for me. Here is the link:

http://www.vitacost.com/Spectrum-Essentials-Fish-Oil-1-000-mg-100-Softgels/csrc-SHOPFEED-bizrate

Again, I don't know if this routine will work for everyone but it worked for me. There are many health benefits you can read about for taking a Fish Oil supplement...

Good luck

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 10:55:59 AM »
Hi Mike, welcome to the group!  I second Tyler's idea with just a dash of baby powder or another talc based powder if you don’t want the baby fresh smell on your dome.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Moon

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Silence is Golden, Duct tape is silver.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:18:04 AM »
I have to agree with all who state that using baby powder works best.  I keep a hanky in my back pocket with a little baby powder added to the hanky.  I find that after a long dayin the boat or at work it helps fight off the razor rash I get from sweat.   Hope this helps other.  Works for me.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »
I have to agree with all who state that using baby powder works best. I keep a hanky in my back pocket with a little baby powder added to the hanky. I find that after a long dayin the boat or at work it helps fight off the razor rash I get from sweat. Hope this helps other. Works for me.
That is an ingenious tip!  I think come summer time I will have to try that one out.  Thanks for your contribution, Moon and welcome to the group!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:12:12 PM by ar3inc »
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »
Moon, Welcome to the club
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 11:43:25 PM »
Hi Mike, the baldguyz wipes are awesome for keeping the dome clean and frsh.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 12:06:41 AM »
Hi Mike...welcome...I originally came on talking about Matte For Men...it does 3 things in one...mositurize, provide sun protection AND get rid of shine...its great!
Powders dont last very long but I found my head had no shine for hours with Matte For Men...give it a try!

Teambean

Enter your email address: