Author Topic: Best clippers that shave as close as a razor?  (Read 157585 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Best clippers that shave as close as a razor?
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2013, 12:54:48 PM »
Guys, i do shave the head but i do prefer the use a shaver. Still not found one that shaves as close as possible.

Need one that shaves ultra close without having to use a blade!!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2013, 02:43:48 PM »
Koolpc, I use a Remington F5790 three blade foil shaver. Gets it very smooth, without any irritation for me.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cheers!

Like your goatee!!

Offline BluesSky777

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between the Wahl Balding clipper and the Andis Experience (with ceramic blade).

Is one any closer than the other?

thanks

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2014, 03:05:51 PM »
Hi,

I have the Wahl Balding Clippers and they cut close 000000. I have also been considering the Andis GTX as they are smaller and lighter.

But

I have just purchased some Wahl Detailers, as I heard good reviews and they work over here in the UK on 220v

I let you know how they compare when I receive the delivery  :)
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »
**UPDATE**  :@`

My Wahl Detailers arrived yesterday and I immediately set the blades to a zero overlap using the enclosed setting tool!

Today was my first opportunity to try them out. I am very impressed with the results.

They cut closer than my Wahl Balding clippers (WBC) which is what I wanted. They are less powerful than the WBC, but
are powerful for their size and is more than adequate. Their small form factor makes them super manoeuvrable, plus their
light weight and then design is a massive bonus over the WBC's.

The only criticism is the size of the T blade, namely 3.5cm. I bought the newer version with the uprated screw retaining holes
and as such expected it to come with the T Double Wider blade. I think this blade is only available with this kit in the US. I'm
in the UK. Balding my head took longer than with the WBC's, which wasn't a major problem as I wasn't in a hurry. If time is a
factor, then the WBC's will come out. I'm also tempted to get hold of a T Double Wider blade.

Does anyone know the exact size of a T Double Wider blade, I know its not twice the size of the standard t blade.?????????O0

The unit is well made and shapes up the lines nicely.

I was nearly put off purchasing these detailers when I saw this Mad Yank on his Youtube Video talking about cutting kids!!>>  See below and either amuse yourself or
cringe.   :*))

Comments welcome, especially on telling me the size of a T Double Wider blade  O0

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2014, 12:52:51 PM »
**UPDATE**  :@`

My Wahl Detailers arrived yesterday and I immediately set the blades to a zero overlap using the enclosed setting tool!

Today was my first opportunity to try them out. I am very impressed with the results.

They cut closer than my Wahl Balding clippers (WBC) which is what I wanted. They are less powerful than the WBC, but
are powerful for their size and is more than adequate. Their small form factor makes them super manoeuvrable, plus their
light weight and then design is a massive bonus over the WBC's.

The only criticism is the size of the T blade, namely 3.5cm. I bought the newer version with the uprated screw retaining holes
and as such expected it to come with the T Double Wider blade. I think this blade is only available with this kit in the US. I'm
in the UK. Balding my head took longer than with the WBC's, which wasn't a major problem as I wasn't in a hurry. If time is a
factor, then the WBC's will come out. I'm also tempted to get hold of a T Double Wider blade.

Does anyone know the exact size of a T Double Wider blade, I know its not twice the size of the standard t blade.?????????O0

The unit is well made and shapes up the lines nicely.

I was nearly put off purchasing these detailers when I saw this Mad Yank on his Youtube Video talking about cutting kids!!>>  See below and either amuse yourself or
cringe.   :*))

Comments welcome, especially on telling me the size of a T Double Wider blade  O0

So, these cut extremely close?

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
Yes very. But I Zero gapped them from the get go, so not sure how close they cut out of the box. My that YouTube video will answer that  ;D

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2014, 01:23:07 PM »
Looking for something cut the closest. Easy to zero gap them? Better than the Baldfader?

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2014, 03:47:14 PM »
Easy to zero gap as comes with a setting tool.  Not sure about the baldfaders..

Try and get the T wider blade. 2215 if you want to speed up the Balding process  O0

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 07:40:53 AM »
Not bothered about speed. Just need a super close shave. Not fussy with wet shaving

Offline mascherani

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2014, 04:02:05 PM »
delete, please (since i've created a new topic with all my questions).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:19:30 AM by mascherani »

Enter your email address: