Author Topic: Head color  (Read 4678 times)

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
Head color
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:51:49 PM »
Nebbie here .... to forum and head shaving. I shaved my head at first because of a deal I made with my elementry school students. I made a deal that if the whole class could pass the state test with a 90% or better I would shave my head (at the time my hair was shoulder length). They took on the challange and every one passed the test with the lowest score a 94. So I cut my hair down. I originally left some stubble there with all intentions to grow my hair back. But I liked the bald look and had several compliments from others who thought it looked great on me. So I decided to shave my head all the way.

So if you are still with this long winded guy here is my question. My head is smooth now if you feel it but there is a huge color difference were my hair used to be. It looks like there is still stubble up there but if you feel it it is smooth. So I am wondering if I go to the tanning booth will it help it look more even? I am going to the tanning booth because I live in Alaska and we ain't got any sun up here right now. Also I shaved my head myself with a headblade razor so was wondering if I went to a barber and had them do it with a striaght razor would that help at all? Thanks for the forum it has helped my out already just by reading reviews of products (that's how I found out about the headblade) and I got to say never thought of this look before but I like it now.

THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Head color
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
hey al-cowboy:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us & WTG on your class scoring greater than 90%. O0  i'm glad that U like your new look.  as far as getting some color on your dome... the tanning salon will help.  U might also want 2 purchase JERGENs natural glow lotion.  we have several members here that use that product. 

post up a pic of your new look.  we hope that U become an active member of the best forum on the internet.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:26:19 PM »
Thanks for the info. So I went out yesterday to see about the tanning booth and she is closed until the end of March, Strike one. So I then headed to the grocery store to buy some JERGENs natural glow lotion and they didn't have any, Strike two. Welcome to life on the island, Dutch Harbor is so wonderful sometimes.  ;D

Any way I did find some Nivea Natural Tone body lotion and got it. Hopping that it will work like the Jergen's. So will keep ya'll posted to see how it goes. Here is day one with the lotion and fresh shave.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »
Welcome there aleutian.   I would think that since all your fellow citizens are in the same boat, sunshine wise, that you really shouldn't stand out that much.  Regardless, from you pic it looks great.   
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
Welcome to the world of the bald.  You look great with the dome.  The difference in coloration is of course temporary. 

It strikes me as strange that the tanning salon in Alaska is closed until March.  Isn't that when the sun comes back?  So the salon's open when you don't need it, but closed when you do.  Go figure! ???

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 06:09:22 PM »
Yes. Anything done that would lessen the contrast of colors  (scalp:hair) will make the "shadow" less visible.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »
It strikes me as strange that the tanning salon in Alaska is closed until March.  Isn't that when the sun comes back?  So the salon's open when you don't need it, but closed when you do.  Go figure! ???

Welcome to life on the Island. The "tanning salon" is really just one booth in a hair cutting salon. She has gone on vacation so there is no place to tan until she gets back. Many people go on vacation this time of year at the end of one fishing season in order to get back for the next fishing season. So I just have to wait. Wasn't really needing a tan ( I like my pastie white look LOL). Just trying to even out the head color. Oh well will try something else.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 09:37:10 PM »
i need somethin like that lol.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 06:13:22 AM »
Welcome, Aleutiancowboy, and pass the shades:  You have some serious SLYshine goin' on there!  Good look for you.  Don't know what to tell you about getting color on the pate way up north. 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.